Cabela's Wolltimate or Outfitter Wool Series

FullCurlHunter

does anyone own or have tried either cabelas Wooltimate Windshear OR Outfitter Wool dry plus jacket and pants?? I am debating between the two for stand hunting and walking in cold weather.

Fullcurl,

Yes. I have the Cabela's outfitter's berber fleece windshear hooded pullover. It's good stuff. However, I'm going to sell mine because it fits me too loosely.

I'd say it's a good weight for walking in cold weather, as in my opinion, it's not as warm as a heavy insulated coat. Although, it may be a little warmer if it fit me properly and didn't let wind in through the bottom and the neck.

I have also seen the Wooltimate fleece at Cabelas. It's nice as well. About 20% wool, 60% polyester, 20% acrylic if I remember correctly, but that is not exact. The camouflage pattern on the Wooltimate series is a little lighter in color than the outfitters fleece stuff, which has a light brown base color.

It's definitely quiet, though.

Hope this helps,

WH

I had a weatherby wool vest. I loved everthing about except how bad it itched me. I bought the new woolmate vest. I love it. Wind shear is awesome. Fits great, plenty of pockets, its warm and quite, and most of all it doesn't itch. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom