Cabelas...

I can imagine. I was at the Owatonna, MN store today in the am. Check out lady said they are expecting as many customers today as Black Friday!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

I went to sportsmans warehouse and cabelas here in Boise, Idaho and it was nuts. On a lighter note, the cabelas has a Christensen 300 RUM, the original price was $3,999 and now its $2,999. Wished I had that much to spend. I also seen the used weatherby 30/378 for $999 was still there.
Should a person be real careful buying a used gun from say cabelas???? I know a pawn shop is not the best place to buy one, but that 30/378 is still calling my name.

I've been in SLC visiting relatives & yes I was there today.
It looked like a Ghost town compared to last year at this time,seriously.
There is ammo for about anybody this year,last year was a total joke.
This is the part I don't get?
There was a guy there today at the gun counter,he went from one end & was working his way to the other end having one of the Cabela's employees hand him every gun/scope in the place wasting mega time while several people were waiting/ready to buy a gun & he never bought one damn item,for this reason I will not take hours in Cabelas to buy a gun,the smaller sports stores will sell me my guns even if it costs me more money,the gun sales at Cabelas is a total joke IMO.

Unless it's a sale item in one of their flyers, cabela's has some of the highest gun prices, both new and used. They do have a good selection though.

>I went to sportsmans warehouse and
>cabelas here in Boise, Idaho
>and it was nuts.
>On a lighter note, the
>cabelas has a Christensen 300
>RUM, the original price was
>$3,999 and now its $2,999.
> Wished I had that
>much to spend. I
>also seen the used weatherby
>30/378 for $999 was still
>there.
>Should a person be real careful
>buying a used gun from
>say cabelas???? I
>know a pawn shop is
>not the best place to
>buy one, but that 30/378
>is still calling my name.
>

That's still about $2,400.00 more than they're worth....

Not a fan of the Christensen's guns???? I wouldn't mind having one unless there is something about them I am not aware of?????

F4X4 is being generous in my opinion. I would say that's still $2999 more then it's worth. I spoke with Christensen's about their rifles and based on their lack of willingness to share any info about what they do to their rifles to make them worth such high prices I decided to look else where. Their prices are high for a reworked Remington action. You can have a custom rifle built on a custom action with all the best parts by some great gunsmiths for a lot less. I'll be into mine about $3200 and thats with a Borden action, Bartlein barrel, McMillan stock, and Jewell trigger. Check out longrangehunting.com and do a search for Christensen rifles, not too much good to say about them.
Wes

Thanks for the info, I think one of the reasons their prices "Christensen's Gun", is the fact they use carbon fiber, when I was getting out the sport bike "crotch rocket" phase they were bringing in all the this new fangled carbon fiber stuff and its was so expensive, the big boast is its light then aluminum and stronger then steel. Its still a nice gun, but wouldn't pay that much for it, I think cabelas has it marked up way too much, I should take the Christensen catalog in with me and compare the price and see if they wiggle??? other wise I think they are going to set on that one for a long time.

That a great price on the 30-378. If is stainless with a fluted barrel and muzzlebrake

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I don't buy from Cabelas any more. Their prices are just no longer competitive with what i can buy elsewhere cheaper. Nice place to visit now and then and i can understand how some choose to spend there but i'm just not willing to contribute in their huge stores and high markups.

Joey

I drive down to Reno Nv. about twice a year, so I always stop in Cabelas, Scheels, and Sportsmans Whs. I think Scheels has the highest prices of anyone, and you can't even get up to the gun counter at Cabelas. so many people looking at guns. I don't think I would by a firearm in Nevada anyway, to much in tax. I stock up on camo at Cabelas, it's the best stuff I've found.

I worked there last year, and it always a rat race this time of year. I was there last in Lehi on Black Friday when they opened the doors. I got my stuff, checked out quickly and was home eating breakfast by 6:45.

Dillon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom