Cabin Build - Interior

mulecreek

Very Active Member
My wife, brother, father and I spent this past weekend finishing the interior of our cabin in western Wyo. We used prefinished 6" knotty pine T&G boards. Went up faster than I thought but it was two solid days of work, much on scaffolding to get it done. Also got a ceiling fan wired in. This will really help bring some of the heat down in the fall and winter. I think it turned out great. A few before and after pics.

8015install3.jpg

Before
4670before2.jpg

1882before4.jpg

1412before5.jpg

After
3770after4.jpg

9508after5.jpg

3933after6.jpg

1620after7.jpg

9550afterpan.jpeg

All that is left now is to case and trim the windows, install flooring and put river rock behind the stove.

Great job! Your family will enjoy that cabin for many years to come. Your wife will love the idea of not having to rough it while camping out. She will pay you back with many good cooked meals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RELH

That's beautiful!

"went up fast" & "2 full days of work" You are NOT supposed to use those phrases in the same sentence! LOL

I think that great work with a quality product will last for decades and just look even better with age.

Nice job MC.
Zeke

looks awesome!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
Zigger?s response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
zigger is a great example of a low life pos, that doesn't deserve any help. There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

"All that is left now is to case and trim the windows, install flooring and put river rock behind the stove."

I see you have some furniture moved in. That's the way I did my house when we built 40 years ago. I'm still working on trim and baseboard 40 years later.:)

It looks great! You're really doing things right!

Eel

I like seeing the Important stuff Installed 1st:

(((Elk Heads!))):D:D:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Bess, do you like those elk heads because they are not the pisscutters you shoot?

RELH

Sorry Bess, I could not pass that jab up.

Purty stuff!!

Seriously - this is a dream cabin. Congrats! Great work!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

You have done a great job on that cabin from start to almost finished.

Thanks for sharing with us these last years...

Robb

>Bess, do you like those elk
>heads because they are not
>the pisscutters you shoot?
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH
>
>Sorry Bess, I could not pass
>that jab up.

Just Sayin RELH!

The Important Stuff gets moved in first!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>>Bess, do you like those elk
>>heads because they are not
>>the pisscutters you shoot?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> RELH
>>
>>Sorry Bess, I could not pass
>>that jab up.
>
>
>Just Sayin RELH!
>
>The Important Stuff gets moved in
>first!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

The 6 point is the first bull I ever shot. Took him about 3 miles from the place. I never have liked the looks of the mount too much. The 5 point is the first animal I ever tried to taxi myself. Not horrible but I lack any artistic touch needed to make it look good. I took him in the same place as the 6 point.

That is a fine looking cabin.
How long did it take to put in up to weather tight.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>That is a fine looking cabin.
>
>How long did it take to
>put in up to weather
>tight.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

We hired a contactor, Slyter Construction out of Pinedale for the foundation shell and roof. It took him a couple months. They did a great job. The place is absolutely plumb, level and square. We have done the rest ourselves a little at a time. That summer we put up house wrap. The next summer we got most of the log siding done, the electrical and plumbing rough in. The next summer we did the kitchen, bath, finished plumbing and insulation. This summer was interior work. Next summer will be flooring. It helps to spread out the costs over time.

Very nice! We have been talking about building one. Would you mind saying how much time and money you invested? Also, what is the footage and where did you get the plans?

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

+100 Very nice! We have been talking about building one. Would you mind saying how much time and money you invested? Also, what is the footage and where did you get the plans?

I have 6 ac up in Basin thinking of doing a cabin on it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom