Cabo Saltwater Recommendations?

Lv2hnt

Very Active Member
Going to be in Cabo San Lucas late next week (very last of April) and want to hire a boat for a day's fishing with some friends. Anyone actually have recent, positive experience with a guide/outfit you'd recommend? I know how/where to research on-line, but am looking for personal input. Thanks in advance ,,,

Lv2hnt

I would go with Lesgo on his choice of fishing guides. Just make sure that the Capt. is not eating BISQUITS AND GRAVY before going out. Chumming is illegal.

Brian

I don't know your budget, but Minerva's, Picante and Solimar are three of the top fleets out of Cabo. There are quite a few other quality boats and captains besides these three fleets. If cost isn't a major factor, Picante would probably be my first choice.

CAelk:

Thanks for your input. I think we're all set. I'll post how we did after we get back ...

Lv2hnt

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-09 AT 07:07AM (MST)[p]A couple years ago my wife and I went out on a panga that launched a few miles east from the main marina. I can't remember the name of the outfit, but it was very reasonable. We got into dorado and black marlin. In my opinion, the smaller boats add a a whole 'nuther level when you hook into a big fish and it starts towing you around the ocean, and nothing between you and the ocean except the gunwale. Hope to do it again soon...

Well, went down to Los Cabos despite all the flu hype. Chartered a boat with some friends who wanted to hook fish and have fun, not go after the chance to bring maybe one marlin to the boat in a whole day's fishing.

So we stayed closer in and boated our fill of sierra and yellowtail, and threw a lot of bonita back! Lost a couple of nice yellowtail to sea lions early on (that was something to have the fish coming up under the boat when --- whzzzzz --- yowzer!). Didn't figure out what had happened at first, but cursed the thieves with gusto after that.

One of the special moments was getting my wife up in a parasail for the first time (I wanted to help her ease her fear of heights). Now she's talking about skydiving --- I've created a monster! Like my dad (a former bomber instructor) always has said, "Anybody who wants to jump out of a perfectly good airplane is NUTS!"

Also saw Greg Norman's NICE yacht (with a helicopter on the aft landing deck) anchored in Cabo. Quite a sight!

Anyway, everybody had a great time, ate more than our share of some awesome food, and didn't mind the uncrowdedness at all (hah!) ...

Lv2hnt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom