Cache Elk

• Thread starter hunter_orange13
  • Start date
H

hunter_orange13

Hello. I usually am not a big fan of these type of posts, but we need some help. Me, my dad and my brother all drew the Cache Antlerless Elk tag with only 1 point this year. (that's a lot of tags) but we need some help. We were going to ride horses into my uncles area, but he had to bail on us at a last minute notice (due to him finding a job that requires him to work 7 graveyard shifts a week) so I sat on google earth for countless hours and found a spot that we thought could hold some elk. We scouted it out last week, and saw a 2 big bulls with 3 cows. We hike the 2.5 miles in yesterday, and it was PACKED! And everybody said the same thing "no elk" we hunted it all day and only saw moose. I was wondering if anybody knows where a few cow elk can be found on the Cache unit. We have packs and boots, and aren't afraid to use them (within reason, because we have to haul it all out on our backs too) This is my mine and my brothers first elk hunt, so we don't know much at all. All help is appreciated, and I won't be telling everybody about your spot if you wish. Pm's are welcomed too.

Thanks guys, it means a lot.

You are going to have yourself a really hard time finding elk there. the fish and game can afford to give out a lot of tags because the elk are so few and far between and everybody hunts the same 10 places up there that they aren't worried about many being harvested. The best advice I can give you is to get away from everyone find high vantage points and put in for better tags next year. I don't mean to discourage you because hunting is hunting, but thats a tough one for sure.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom