cache meadowville or cache south

L

Luther

I am new to general rifle spike elk hunting. I have spent a little time in this area archery deer hunting in the past. Can anyone out there tell me which one of these hunts might be the better choice. Thanks for any help, I'm not trying to hoard in on anyones honey holes just looking for opinions, thanks guys

So in the meadowville unit I see public land on the map , but does this mean 99% of the elk hunting is on the private stuff, or is 99% of the unit private. Does anyone know any landowners that I could contact. I'm not opposed to paying for a trespass.
Thanks again for any help.

99 percent of the elk habitat is on private.
Kerl, Johnson, Wamsley are three names up there.
Be prepared to dig deep!

Pay a trespass fee for a General Spike hunt??

You interested in investing in some beach front property along the Great Salt lake?

Robb

Ya seems like kind of a dumb thing, but there are reasons for the spike hunt I would rather not get into on this form. Thanks for the help and most of the replies

I appreciate your Razzin' as well. Thanks man, and thanks to all that helped or commented. This is one of my first posts. I appreciate the help, hopefully there comes a day that I might be able to help with a little info.

If I choose Cache South, can anyone give me any direction to start in. I plan on spending time there during the archery deer, but like I said before, not sure where to start looking for the elk in Oct.

Maybe you already know this, but your tag is for the whole state, you don't have to pick a unit.

I appreciate it,I don't know all the rules, I am a transplant to the great state from
Idaho. These are really the only areas I have spent any time in. I myself have shot a few elk, but the guy that I am taking that is in need hasn't and I would really like to get him a look at something.

>Maybe you already know this, but
>your tag is for the
>whole state, you don't have
>to pick a unit.

And by "whole state" I mean all of the spike units in the state.

S. Cache would be a better area to look than cache meadowville. I expect it is pretty crowded though.

Luther,
Just put a couch in the back of your truck, load it up with guys, and drive Curtis Creek back and forth all day. Be sure to wear lots of camo underneath your blaze orange vest. Also, don't take Suzzie. Go get a diesel with dual stacks coming out of the bed and make sure it's lifted. The lift will get you up in the air...like a mobile tree stand. Those critters won't know what hit them. One word of caution though, watch the corners though as they can be tricky!

Joe,

Boy those are good times, I don't think Suzie can handle that kind of pressure, and as far as being jacked up high like a tree stand, well if I did run into something, that would be a cluster. Remember the last fiasco? That "episode" didn't even have any height involved. I think half my gear is still up there somewhere. I think I will stay off that road! Som B! don't want to do that again.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom