Cache Moose

OldJake

Looks like someone in my family drew an anterless moose tag (either my mom or dad) for the cache. I hunted this area when I was at school at USU and saw plenty of moose but I haven't been in that area in quite a while. I have a few ideas on where to start looking, but I don't want to post them in case they are someone's honey holes! If anyone has any other good ideas shoot me a pm!

Thanks in advance,

OldJake

I wouldn't get too far from the road (unless you like to pack a lot of meat). There are a lot of moose in the Cache, you will have no trouble finding a cow.

Yeah, you can probably get a nice cow right from the highway up Logan Canyon. I saw a very big cow a couple miles past the Tony Grove turnoff just a few days ago. She was by the few cabins that are up there.

Thanks for the replies! It looks like it was my Dad that drew the tag. This is good because we will take the horses with us on his hunt. He also went to college at USU, so it will be fun for him to see some of that country again too! I hope we can get in a few good rides before he gets his chance at a cow. Thanks again for all the replies!

It should be just as difficult to see a cow as a bull since they manage for a 1:1 ratio! Have fun, and pick out a young one - they are good eating.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom