Cage Fight

hunt1

Got my first cage fight coming up on June 3rd. Got to do something in the offseason! Wish me luck.

ouch !!!

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Good luck that ought to keep you in shape for this season. Where is your fight at and where do you train? Have someone video tape it for you if possible, great training aid to see how and what you did during the fight. Brushstomper

Why don't you have a warm-up match against D-13. She always needs a good a$$ kicking now and then.

............Once again D, I have tears rolling down my eyes from my wonderful sense of humor. I'm glad you can take it after dishing so much of it out.

I'm fighting in Hobbs, New Mexico. I used to walk around at 215, but have dropped down to fight at 170 (155-170 lb weight class). I train with Travis Lutter's (UFC Vet) brother-in-law, who is the 155 lb champion down here. This will be my first cage fight, no worries since I have been training my butt off and am in the best shape of my life.

As I stood in the entry way hearing my name introduced, the anticipation of my fight was over. The time was now! My intro music was AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" and despite the production crew telling me to hurry out of the curtain, I had to wait for the first THUNDER. The crowd ate it up and I was ready to dance. (On a side note they switched my opponent on me three times between Friday and Saturday).

The ref came over and made sure I had my cup and mouthpiece. Ding. Ding. I went straight out at the guy and rocked him with a two jabs and left that sent him to the ground. I had him down in his corner and could hear his cornermen coaching him, so I picked him up and took him to my corner where I promptly slammed him. For the next three minutes, I stayed on top of him and pounded and slammed him repeatedly. (And by the way, even though I was focused on my coaches...each time I slammed him I felt the crowd roar. The round ended with the ref pulling me off of him. Felt great, wasn't winded, but I was really surprised to have not finished it in the first round.

Round 2 started out with my opponent throwing a spinning high kick at my head, which was promptly avoided by me. From there I took him down again (instead of boxing him like I should have) and pounded him for another minute. He was able to use the fence with his feet and mounted me. He hit me for about 10 seconds straight and the ref jumped in which I thought was a little too early because he wasn't hurting me. I got up before him and was just disappointed. I congratulated him and stepped out of the ring.

My mom had come to watch me and was sitting in the front row, so I headed over to her to get her thoughts. Everybody along the way in the crowd kept telling me I whooped the guy and that I just got robbed. No big deal...I had a great time and look forward to doing it again.

Without seeing the match, I would say that you got robbed too. What was your Mom's reaction to the fight?

Brian

My mom loved it and was very happy I walked out in one piece. She was actually told to settle down by security because she knocked over the railing at her front row seat.

There are rules governing these fights, so I can live with the fact that the ref stepped in... I wasn't hurt, but the instant it looks like you might be in trouble the ref will stop the bout. I just expected the round to be up.

Nice Brandon,

My Brother actually went to the fight. Said you did good in Round 1.

Take er easy.

Get em next time.

Sounds like your mom is a scrapper also. Good luck the next go round.
-Raptor

Hey,atlest you have the cajunies to get in the cage. One thing I've learned from watching alot of cage fighting is, I don't care how big and bad a guy is you never know what the heck is gonna happen, or who's gonna win when you get in there. From the pros to the weekend fighters, man you never know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom