Cali is Burning

Yep, looking at one over the top of my computer as I type. That would be in X10, in case you drew that.

Guys....I live in Redding and sitting here at my office, I can see fires 360! Crews are doing an awesome job.......trouble is all summer & fall when the winds pick up, the fires are going to flare back up. We're in for HELL this year. Wish the firefighters luck and safety.

I'm just south of you nocal and we can't see a thing from the dense smoke. I know that there are many of the fires that don't have any crews on them.

Yea its been a close one for me.Sitting on the edge of the donkey mine burn for the last 3 days.It did get about 5 acres of my neighbors place.That canyon hasnt burned for 35 years and was thick with manzanita.On the good side 2 years from now it will be a deer magnet.More thunderstorms coming on thursday,be ready more fires coming.

I hope everybody & thire property are safe!That said,the deer herds will Benifit from these burns! Fires = more deer = better hunting.

The deer herds should benefit from most of the burns. Problem with the fires close to residential areas is that they probably haven't burned in decades and when it finally burns the damage to the terrain is devistating.

JR

Flew out of Salt Lake City on Sunday and we had to fly around a HUGE thunder storm on the edge of Nevada. Biggest I have ever seen from the air. Once we passed Redding (heading into Arcata) the fires could be seen all over. Most seemed to be very small but the number was amazing. I counted over 70 before we landed.

Cheers to the men and women fighting those fires.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Went from Susanville to Sacto Sun, Back today. Saw fires along 80 on the way down and solid smoke the entire drive today.

I've been cutting wood in the Moonlight burn the last month. Weird fire activity on that one. Some areas the fire only burned the ground (trees survived), other areas the heat turned the needles brown but the tree trunks aren't even charred, other areas everything on the ground burned to ash and the trees are charred. I'm trying to get that wood out before it rots and its a mess. No way I can cut 87,000 acres of firewood although I'm trying.

LAST COUNT IS 1000 FIRES BURNING AND MORE LIGHTING STRIKES
ON WENSDAY AND THURSDAY!
RM

LET INDIAN VALLY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is nothing there that will be hurt as far as buildings and it will open up a lot more huntable ground in A zone!

CABugle

Looks like a good habitat year for wildlife. If that Indian Valley fire can move south and east it would be good for the local tule elk. No human should ever get killed fighting a forest fire, just not worth it. It is suppose to burn and eventually will burn. Our mentality is just to put them out, save the structures but let the fires do what they are suppose to do.

The Cal fire just started, in the Piutes 60 miles west of bakersfield. It is at two thousand acres. Hope it burns 20,000 acres. A lot of it is heavy brush. I just hoping nobody loses there home.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom