Cali X3B Buck

B

bigcountry3000

Here is the buck i killed in California zone X3B. Although he is not a monster, it was my very first muley. I am very proud to have him. He is about twenty inches wide and 16-18 tall. Got him outside of Likely. I want to say Thanks to Jim Miller. He didnt want me to shoot this buck but i was so thrilled i couldnt hold off. If anyone ever needs a guide for deer, antelope or North Eastern california elk. contact this guy. He is in Alturas. He killed a 400 + bull up there a few seasons back. The bull is on the eastmans tour.

i am having trouble uploading the photos can someone please help me

Here is bigcountry3000's buck. Congrats!

Ed

jaredbuck1.jpg

Congratulations for doing what 10,000 mt lions couldn't do , that's a good buck for California .

congrads ,,,, sounds like you had a great hunt ,,, again wtg :)and thanks for posting the pic,,, just curious how many points did you have ?

Nice buck! That tag is hard to draw! I really like that part of California. Sounds like you had a great hunt!

Steve

I was very fortunate. I drew this tag with only two points. I will put in for this tag till the day i die. It was simply awsome. I saw about fifty does on the First day of the hunt. Being alittle disapointed we headed to the hotel in Alturas. we talked to a couple locals that were friends of my hunting partner. They told us of a couple huge bucks and how to get permission to hunt them. the next morning we went to a new spot with no luck so we headed back to the hotel for a quick lunch. After lunch we headed back out to the magical spot. actually a secret spot. you see the opener of duck season was that morning and high volume shotgun blasts pushed a few monsters off the local refuge. well as soon as the group of deer my buck was part of crossed into the alfalfa field a hunter killed the big buck out of the group. all we could do was watch. they killed a 28 incher. but anyway my buck upon being shot at came right up the ridge onto public property. after chasing him for a while i was able to shoot him 225 yards. one shot in the spine and it was over. best time hunting i ever had. thanks for the help posting the pics too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom