California 269 Gross buck WOW

This buck was shot ten minutes from my house but obviously my posts about it need to be deleted. Makes me remember why I dont frequent this place any more.

The buck was undoubtedly poached by a guy that was hunting 50 miles from the kill site with both his deer tags on the last evening of the season. A guy I know has two sets of sheds from this buck, was killed on its biggest year to date.

ddy58,

I have heard from a good source that it was poached from property he didnt have permission to hunt...

I also heard that there's a gentleman with pics of this buck from the ranch/area this deer came from..

My guess is sooner or later he will get whats coming to him...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

HEY FELLAS......THE WHOLE STORY JUST CAME OUT IN THE NEW EASTMANS MAG I GOT TODAY.....JUNE-JULY ISSUE......YD.

Yeah Dave, I read about it also. Funny though, I don't see a thing here about it being poached. Damn nice buck though.

My understanding is the buck was scored in November, yet someone swears they saw it alive in DEC. HMMMM? Congrats to the kid until proven otherwise. One hell of a CA buck.

Manny, could you just order one of those pisscutters up for us next year? We will be up there about the 20th of August ready to sweat and unload ballistic tip projectiles!

THERE IS A ENUFF LOW DEER NUMBERS & DISAPOINTMENT IN UNIT D-7 TO GO AROUND (9,000 TAG SELL OUT)...FOR EVERY HUNTER WHO WANTS TO GIVE IT A GO.......YOU CAN WEAR OUT A PAIR OF BOOTS IN D-7 & NEVER SEE A LEGAL BUCK.......GOOD LUCK .....YD.

>
>
> THERE
>IS A ENUFF LOW DEER
>NUMBERS & DISAPOINTMENT IN UNIT
>D-7 TO GO AROUND (9,000
>TAG SELL OUT)...FOR EVERY HUNTER
>WHO WANTS TO GIVE IT
>A GO.......YOU CAN WEAR OUT
>A PAIR OF BOOTS IN
>D-7 & NEVER SEE A
>LEGAL BUCK.......GOOD LUCK .....YD.

if your referring to my statement, i didn't even consider any D zones, don't know the area...

Glad to see that the hunter and this Goliath Cali buck is finally starting to have a clean slate and doesn't have to go in the records as a poached buck. What a frigging Monster!!!! ;-)

Joey

I JUST SAW THE PICS OF A BUCK (ON PRIVATE GROUND) THAT I THINK IS AS BIG OR BIGGER THAN THE 269 NT TYP. ABOVE. THE RACK HAS A BIT DIFFERENT FORMATION TO IT. BOTH OUTSTANDING...OIL...BUCKS. IF THE WET SPRING/SUMMER IS KIND TO RACK GROWTH THIS MIGHT BE A BIGGER BUCK....NO TELLING. I DONT HAVE THE PIC....I JUST GOT TO LOOK AT THEM....I THINK THIS BUCK WILL DIE OF OLD AGE. EXTREMELY HIGH & HEAVY COULD BE AS WIND AS 37 INCHES......PICS WERE INSIDE OF 70 YARDS & CLEAR. IF SOMEONE POPS HIM WE WILL ALL FIND OUT............YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom