California Governor Signs More Gun Laws.

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
Jerry Brown signs yet more gun legislation.
Truthfully though, it isn't like he doesn't represent the state's majority as he didn't elect himself as governor.
I swear to God, this state is driving me absolutely fuggin crazy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/30/us-usa-california-gun-control-idUSKCN0HP2JD20140930

(Reuters) - People who fear a close relative may commit gun violence will be able to petition a judge to temporarily remove the person's firearms in California, under a bill signed into law on Tuesday by Democratic Governor Jerry Brown.

The legislation - the first such measure in the United States - was introduced after police near Santa Barbara said they were unable to confiscate weapons from a man who later went on a rampage and killed six people, despite concern from his family he was in poor mental health and might become violent.

Under the so-called gun violence restraining order in the court system, immediate family members and law enforcement agencies could ask a judge to order guns temporarily removed from certain individuals.

The restraining order would last 21 days, and could be extended up to a year, after a notice and a hearing.

?The new ?Gun Violence Restraining Order? law will give families and law enforcement a needed tool to reduce the risk of mass shootings and gun violence both in the home and on our streets,? said Nick and Amanda Wilcox, legislative co-chairs of the California Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

The law has wide support from law enforcement agencies and is based on an existing measure that temporarily blocks people with domestic violence restraining orders from owning a gun.

"If it can save one life, one family from that agony, it will be worth it," Democratic state Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, said during debate on the measure.

Several Republican senators spoke against the bill, saying there were already measures in place to keep guns away from dangerous and unstable people.

Critics added that the bill infringed on the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Brown also signed a bill on Tuesday requiring BB guns and pellet guns to be brightly colored or otherwise marked so that law enforcement officers do not mistake them for deadly firearms.

The bill was introduced after a 13-year-old Northern California boy was shot and killed by a sheriff's deputy while carrying a pellet gun that looked like an assault weapon.

The law also expanded the definition of a BB gun in California to include firearms that shoot pellets larger than 6 millimeters.

He just likes to mess with californians.

Can't say as I blame him.

Stay thirsty my friends

I love the state of California beautiful with an incredible number of outdoor hunting and fishing opportunities. My son lived and worked there for 10 years and we played throughout the northern part of the state. Not many places you can surf in the morning and ski in the afternoon as you can in California.

Unfortunately the political situation within the state made regulations of every kind quite maddening. I think the last straw for him and I was when we wanted to mountain bike around a reservior near Walnut Creek and didn't read the biking regulations closely enough and were fined for biking on a trail on the wrong day of the week. I'm more to the left than most on this site but that was my limit.

It would be a great place if you could get rid of all the californians.

Ironc part is the refugees come up here to escape it and the first thing they set out to do is make it like where they came from.

They're just not the brightest people. take RELH for example.

Stay thirsty my friends

Wrong again Dude. kali boys like me are smart enough to send our retired left wing liberals to your state. This is done so they can screw with you and make Oregon a mini California so you can be miserable. Heck you fit right in with those left wing liberals and should welcome them as you are always supporting them and their ideas.

As for that bill passed into law listed above. I have read it and it is not as bad as some people make it out to be. It ties into our 5151 W&I code where it is aimed at removing firearms from persons who have a mental illness problem.
It has checks and balance where the person can appeal any decision to remove his firearms. The request to remove firearms is done by law enforcement and the officer must convince a judge that it is needed before any order is issued to remove the firearms. Law enforcement must secure the firearms and maintain them as there is provisions that the firearms may be returned to the person. Also if anyone gives false information trying to get a person to loose his/her firearms, that is a crime also and subject to a year in jail.

If this law had been in place in several states, it may have prevented several mass shootings by suspects who had prior mental issues that occurred before they went on a rampage and shot the crap out of innocent people.

Heck if we can get it passed in Oregon, we would be able to get Dude's guns confiscated as we all can attest that he has severe mental issues and should not have firearms!!!!!!!!!!

RELH

Dumb idea. If a person is seriously mentally ill they will be so pissed off at the realatives that turned them in they will take a hatchet and off them anyway. How about a serious bill to commit mentally ill people that are deemed dangerous by their family and a judge? Of course that would require us to build actual mental institutions like we had in the old days in the 20th century.

>Dumb idea. If a person is
>seriously mentally ill they will
>be so pissed off at
>the realatives that turned them
>in they will take a
>hatchet and off them anyway.
>How about a serious bill
>to commit mentally ill people
>that are deemed dangerous by
>their family and a judge?
>Of course that would require
>us to build actual mental
>institutions like we had in
>the old days in the
>20th century.

+1 glen. We start takein em away from 1 group who's to say where it will end!

You're saying crazy people should have guns because why?

You're worried if you're not crazy enough to lose your guns already you're damn near there . admit it.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude you really do not grasp the English language and comprehension do you? Anyone can see he is saying the way the bill is written, it may not be a deterrent to stop a crazy person from using other means to kill innocent persons just because you seized his/her guns.

Instead of going after the guns, and leaving the crazy person behind to walk the street and be a possible danger, lock up the crazy person in a mental hospital until he/she is no longer considered a risk to the public. We all know that will not happen because left wing liberals believe it is trampling human rights, guns do not have rights or feelings. No self righteous liberal wants to take the money from the welfare programs to build and staff mental hospitals. That is the liberal way of life that will not solve anything, but make them feel good.

RELH

I suppose you're willing to fund those facilities to house these people? sure you are.

I don't know about your new law or care, but crazy people don't need street sweepers . end of story.

How we deny crazy people guns without violating their rights is not an easy task. but saying we have to give them guns to protect your rights is stupid as it gets. that's pretty much the NRA stand.

Stay thirsty my friends

You are dumb as a doorknob. Just think of every family squabble ending up with a call to raid the poor bastard's home and steal all of his gun collection. You are a liberal paid hack for sure. How much does the liberal establishment pay you to pretend you are a rich farmer and post on hunting websites?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-14 AT 04:00PM (MST)[p]>It would be a great place
>if you could get rid
>of all the californians.
>
>Ironc part is the refugees come
>up here to escape it
>and the first thing they
>set out to do is
>make it like where they
>came from.
>
>They're just not the brightest people.
> take RELH for example.
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

Sounds like what happens here in South Texas- just not kalifornians we deal with.
>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom