California? It makes sense

As we can see they all think they know everything already. what are you going to teach them.

Once again, a bounty on them...just say'in.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Nemont the high school I attended in Kern County, CA. from 1961 to 1965 offered "college prep" courses that I was able to take during those years. I have serious doubts your backwards high schools in Montana back then did not even know what "college prep" courses were, let along offer them to their students.

As for that least educated students, you might consider that non speaking English students have a good part of that stat. In other words all those illegals that liberal Democrats allowed to stay in this state sending their kids to school. We only have several million of them.

RELH

>I've been thinking seriously about leaving
>California and immigrating to America.
>

Or we can send them all to Montana .

>Nemont the high school I attended
>in Kern County, CA. from
>1961 to 1965 offered "college
>prep" courses that I was
>able to take during those
>years. I have serious doubts
>your backwards high schools in
>Montana back then did not
>even know what "college prep"
>courses were, let along offer
>them to their students.
>
>As for that least educated students,
>you might consider that non
>speaking English students have a
>good part of that stat.
>In other words all those
>illegals that liberal Democrats allowed
>to stay in this state
>sending their kids to school.
>We only have several million
>of them.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>RELH

Yeah because my podunk kids, one with a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, Her sister with a Masters in Nursing and their little brother with a Chemical engineering degree couldn't get no schoolin here in Mayville.

I didn't make this list up and I don't give two shyts as to why California is the worst for kids not finishing High School. You voluntarily remain in California and you must like it because for all you whining you stay in the land of Fruits and Nuts.

Nemont

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-18 AT 01:49PM (MST)[p]>What do you mean Nemont, they
>want free college for everyone.
>
>
>hwy

What exactly does free college have to do with kids not finishing high school or is that you can't read?

I didn't make the list.

Tell me again how great the left coast is.

They can't be sent to Montana. Most Californians last exactly 18 months, at the beginning of the 2nd winter they tuck their tail and leave.

Nemont

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.

Lighten up Nemont, it was a joke. I read real good though, I actually made it past the 9th grade.
I would guess that the state is over 50% minority and that would weigh heavily on why they rank that way.
The left coast is a joke. the leaders of how things shouldn't be, that's why businesses, especially ag businesses are leaving as fast as they can.

hwy

Nemont,

I did put a few letters together and understood some of the words in your link. I noticed 4 of the 10 top (or bottom) states, are border states with Mexico. Maybe we need that expensive wall, or is that just coincidence? Weird huh.

hwy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-18 AT 00:23AM (MST)[p]Last I checked Montana has the lowest ranking in residents 25 and older that never finished the 9th grade. Montana scores high in Quality of Life, Fiscal Stability, and Education on a state level. That is pretty impressive given Montana's population and geographical layout.

It's the kids fault in California, it had nothing to do with the generation in power overseeing and funding their education. Do not kid yourselves Californians, as a former resident I can pinpoint the exact date we stole the future away from California's kids.

Who specifically? Who would get aroused when the Iron Duke sent them a tax surplus check? Who around here would support a pinhead like Paul Gann or Prop 4? If you love Trump, then you would have loved California in 1979. I find it hilarious that you of all people, a person who undoubtedly backed the Duke, Gann, Prop 13 and Prop 4, cry wolf, knowing full well it was you screwing over every school statewide.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/12/18/us/tax-and-budget-revolt-a-backlash-in-california.html

Bye-bye California vocational schools, home economics, civics, biology, chemistry, foreign language, music, sports, guest speakers, field trips, working bathrooms, working lighting, fully staffed schools and qualified teachers.

But hey, the Sheriffs got paid, pre-79 land owners were able to lock in socialized tax rates which are ridiculously low, like under $200.00 a year for property in excess of worth of $1 million+. Screw the kids, I got mine...hehehe, that why RELH & Co. won't move...socialized property tax. Most will homestead their property out to a kid just to keep the socialized property tax in play.

Say, didn't the California economy crash after the Duke gave back the rainy day surplus money? Get your check RELH? Probably those democrats huh RELH, those rotten liberals like Gann and Dukemejian that you voted for. How nice, more to brag about at the Christmas table with the kids, and grandkids. Make sure to tell them it is their fault...along with the liberals like the Republican Governor and his ilk that you gleefully voted for at the time.

No different than how Trump is having Congress cut funding already earmarked for other parts of government to fund a wall. Rob one place and pay another, no different than Prop 4, a perfect fit for MAGA cap wearers.

By all means cry how it is those damn liberals when once again in fact it was you RELH. Apparently 90% of your chickens have come home to roost, the other 10% were too clucking stupid.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-18 AT 07:32AM (MST)[p]FTW, Hitler's administer of propaganda would have just loved you for your liberal twist on everything. The education system in CA. is run by liberals who know nothing but to spend, spend, spend, on themselves instead of the kids.
You forgot that I have two family members in the teaching field and they are fed up with how the money stays at the top level and not getting down to the classroom and the kids.

The wife and I voted for the schools to get money from the state lottery and it was passed. It was supposed to cure the money problems with the education system. FAT CHANCE, within several years the education system was crying over being broke. A lot of higher ups in the administration and college professors got big pay raises and again the kids were forgotten.
You keep forgetting that the liberal Democrats have been in control since 1972 and CA. has been on downward slide ever since. The reason you bailed out to afford to live in a cheaper state. You did not have the guts to stick it out and fight, but instead tucked your tail between your legs and ran from the problem your voting help to create. You will also screw over the locals in Idaho where you live and vote now.

RELH

The five highest-paying states for high school teachers:

1. Alaska

Annual mean wage: $82,020

2. New York

Annual mean wage: $81,410

3. Connecticut

Annual mean wage: $76,260

4. New Jersey

Annual mean wage: $75,250

5. California

Annual mean wage: $74,940

The pay for school administration is even more in CA. as compared to the teacher.

Wow, most of that was before my time to vote. Heck, I had parents that made me go to school and get good grades or they'd kick my a$$. That's the problem today! I won't discount money is a big factor, but it starts at home.
I know of a lot of home schooled kids who are getting trough school just fine with no help from the state.
TMHO

hwy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-18 AT 00:11AM (MST)[p]Another thing FTW, we bought our foothill property in 1984 and built our house that year that we live in. So I do not qualify for that cheap property tax rate. We also had to pay a school tax when we got our building permits and again when we built on additions to the house in 2004 and 2006.
Like I said you helped to screw up this state then tucked tail and ran away to find a cheaper state where you could afford to live in retirement.
I really do not hold that against you for doing, but you continuing your voting habits in your new state and screwing over the locals there can not be forgiven. You make a good sewer rat with your liberal left wing ways.
By the way are you ever going to post photos of your mounted game heads. If you did, it would be photos of someone else's mounts.

RELH

Oh I forgot to add. The home and farm my wife inherited happen in 2005 when it changed hands from her parents to her and again we do not qualify for those cheap pre 1979 tax rates you ranted about.
In fact under Obama, home values dropped and the county had to lower the assessment value on residential property meaning lower property tax. My wife got her tax bill for the farm home and cultivated farm land and it was higher then the year before. She called the county tax assessor and complained. Their aswer was, Mrs. H when the value of residential property goes down, cultivated farm land acres go up in value. Welcome to liberal Democrat controlled CA. They screw you coming and going.
FTW you always try to convince everyone that CA. is a great place under Democrat control. If you feel it is such a great place, why is your fat butt in Idaho instead of CA. where you grew up and worked. Tell us, inquiring minds want to know!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-18 AT 00:05AM (MST)[p]"You keep forgetting that the liberal Democrats have been in control since 1972 and CA. has been on downward slide ever since."

Just another day of rewriting history, another failed attempt to accept reality for our Trumpublican poster boy. Apparently you keep forgetting, forgetting how wrong your were about Bush Jr, Obama, and now Trump. Repeatedly tossing any intellectual honesty aside you simply lie, no fact checking doesn't matter, if Trump can do it then it is the new bar.

Gov. Ronald Reagan 67-74

Lt. Govorners 67-74
(R) Finch
(R) Reinieke
(R) Harmer

Attorney General 67-74
(R) Younger

Controller 67-74
(R)Flornoy

Treasurer 67-74
(R) Preist

In 1972 California voted for Nixon when he won 49 out of 50 states.

Once again your replies like your journeys into political revisionist history are disturbingly flawed, failed and fabricated.

excerpt:

The history, here, is important. Proposition 13, a cap on the base level of property tax and a limit on future growth, was championed by a ?mad as hell? Los Angeles apartment building owner, Howard Jarvis. His message resonated with California homeowners panicking over ever-rising property tax bills. Late in the game, Sacramento lawmakers scrambled to pass an eleventh-hour fix late in the summer of 1977.

When that failed, Brown scoffed at calling a special session of the Legislature. Instead, he said legislators ?should go home and meditate? about the problem. The following June, after nothing happened, voters decided that they had waited long enough.

The tax cut left schools and local services with a shortage of cash, a void filled by state income taxes. With that money came all sorts of rules from the state Capitol. ?It's put the Legislature way into the local process,? Brown said last week.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la...own-proposition-13-legacy-20180114-story.html

Hmmm...I remember the Mad as Hell Crowd, but apparently you were a strong Jerry Brown supporter. You must have been against Prop 4 & 13, I can't imagine you were part of the Mad as Hell crowd.

That's okay scurry off, back in the hole, just another passage of gas on your behalf. Don't feel bad, this forum is plagued with high wattage opinions based on faulty revisionist history, no fact checking here first folks, just let it rip and if you are exposed for lying, like Trump it is simply not a BFD. Cali could not have been a more red state than in 1972 including the bulk of year prior and after 1972.

"You keep forgetting that the liberal Democrats have been in control since 1972 and CA. has been on downward slide ever since."

Another RELH classic, maybe Manny does have some competition.

Any of you who reside in Cali and graduated (or didn't) pre-76 had it all, vocational schools, wood shop, auto shop, fully paid sports programs, music programs, foreign language, field trips, guest speakers, free busing, but like I said it all changed, we all know the kids got screwed, the Prop 13ers will never give in, and Republicans are responsible.

Dumbazz, always nice too see your fellow butt monkeys applaud your geriatric fantasies into anti-liberal land, try facts they are easier to support. If California is so liberal how did Prop 13 pass with a Dem Governor, after all he was against it?

Gee! you just forgot to mention how long the Democrats have held the majority in the CA. state legislature that writes all the laws and bills. Thankfully we have had a few GOP governors that did not always go along with their taxes and fees. Now read the edits I added to my post and answer with your best lies.

RELH

>What do you mean Nemont, they
>want free college for everyone.
>
>
>hwy

They need to be handing out free abortions for everyone.

I saved enough on Prop 13 to send my grandson to private school. He will graduate San Jose State next year with a 4.0 GPA.

And besides that:

America?s Most and Least Educated States
https://www.msn.com/en-us/m...
16. California > Pct. of adults with at least a bachelor's degree: 33.6%
> Median earnings for bachelor's degree holders: $60,940 (5th highest)
> Median household income: $71,805 (8th highest)
> 2017 unemployment: 4.8% (tied -- 12th highest)
Just 83.3% of adults in California have a high school diploma, far less than the 88.0% of adults nationwide and the smallest share of any state. Areas with low high school attainment rates are less likely to attract advanced companies, and they often have lower incomes and lower college attainment rates overall. In California, however, 33.6% of adults have a bachelor's degree, more than the national college attainment rate of 32.0%. Similarly, the typical household in the state earns $71,805 a year, far more than the $60,336 the typical household earns nationwide and the eight highest median household income of any state.
California High School Graduates
81.8%
50th rank
California Bachelor Degrees
31.4%
14th Rank
California Advanced Degrees
11.6%
14th Rank

NeMont cherry picked the stats. Our illegal population is a huge drag on our schools, and we seem to love it. Money is not the issue.

FTW I invite you to come back to Kalifornicated and purchase a home. Holy chit the prperty taxes are sky high due to exorbitant home prices and the FACT that almost every school district is receiving money from bonds that have passed. Try owning several dozen pieces of properties and see how you feel about liberal polices.

FTW if you move back, which will not happen, you better buy a home within walking distant of stores and only own one car. The new gas tax, one of the highest in the nation, and the fact it will cost you almost double the amount to register your car yearly will kill your budget.

Just keep on voting for those liberal Democrats so they can fleece your pocket book to fund those welfare benefits and provide free services to illegals in order to get there vote in the future.

RELH

Our county elected sheriff stop by my home today with his wife. They plan to move to Texas when he retires from his position as sheriff. His under-sheriff retires in 2 years and he and his wife also plan to move to Texas.

My past supervisor in the detective Div. retired this year and has his home up for sale at $415,000. and he and his wife are moving to Tenn. this year. All of them are conservatives in their politics and can not stand the liberal Democrats running this state.

Our liberal Democrats are upset with retirees taking their retirement pension and leaving this state. As a result they are talking about taxing the retirement income even though the retiree no longer lives here and subject to paying state taxes. If the retiree moves to state that taxes their income, they will end up paying taxes in both states. I have doubts that will fly in the courts, but our Democrats are famous for grabbing illegal taxes or fees and not paying it back when the courts rule against them.

Our liberal Democrats have been trying for better then a year to tax any purchase made online via Amazon or Ebay and make out of state companies to withhold the taxes on purchases made by CA. residents and send the tax to the state of CA. So far they have not succeeded. Now you know why I will no longer vote for a Democrat running for office in this state. They will bankrupt this country if given the chance in order to buy the vote of anyone on the government teat, illegals, union employees.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-18 AT 01:10AM (MST)[p]Even now as expected California Republicans 60+ in age won't own ripping off their own kids and grandkids of a quality education. Nor will they admit how well funded their schools systems were when they attended in the 60's and early 70's.

That makes sense, your friends are leaving now as opposed to a few years back when Arnold nosedived the state financially. Now that Obama fixed their 401k and the state has recovered back to a AA credit rating under Brown, real estate markets are soaring, and record unemployment I can see how they must hate Brown from saving the state..again.

When I left Bush had crashed the markets, there was record state unemployment under Arnold, real estate values were plummeting and the state had just lost it's AAA credit rating from Moody's.

Your friend is cashing out to get his $125-250K exemption from taxes who's kidding who? He can thank Jerry Brown for saving the state and the appreciation money on his home to help aid his socialized retirement. Why would any sane person want to move to the state with the highest murder rate in the country like Tennessee? Ranked 4th in worst states to live in, retiring there seems masochistic, but hey to each his own.

Texas, Texas is just plain hot, lots of dirt, lots of hot, people there..yeah, not terribly friendly. Houston and Austin/little California are bearable places when it come to people. Texas made some sweet deals to lure Tech companies and it has paid off well bringing stability to local economies. Local economies that were once exposed to volatile real estate swings reacting to oil markets. Most folks I know from Cali that end up in Texas are joining their tech/kids and grand kids that moved out of state a decade ago when Arnold crashed the state.

So, as always RELH your statement my Fox viewing friend is dribbled garbage, in 1968-74 California was a very red state, especially in 1972.

As always your response at best is a juvenile deflection, must be nice to have 0 equity in your own words and just lie. Blah, blah, blah, 1972 RELH, is California a Red State or a Blue State on both the State and Federal Level?

Yes or No?

Your statement is just another filled diaper, another Don Quixote moment of how Republicans good, Democrats bad. We are not talking about today or yesterday are we? 1972...own your bullchit. Stop deflecting it's as spineless as practicing whataboutism, man up, you said, own it.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-18 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-18 AT 10:43?AM (MST)

The bottom line FTW is that CA. went from a great state under GOP control, to a outright disaster when the Dems gained control starting in the early 70's.
Back then if you were a job seeker, you moved to CA. Today our young job seekers are fleeing CA. behind the companies that our Democrats ran out of state. They are being replaced by illegal immigrants and welfare seeking non workers that our Democrats cater too.

You can B.S. all you want but your actions speak far louder then your words. You yourself packed your bags and left CA. for a better place to live that YOU COULD AFFORD.
You tucked your tail and ran away like a scalded rabbit looking for your hole AND TOU TOOK YOUR POLITICS WITH TO RUIN ANOTHER STATE!!!!!

RELH

Well it seems that liberal Democrats have also screwed over the middle class in N.Y. city. Over 61% middle class in the 70's to less then 50% today and leaving more every day.
RELH

New York City?s shrinking middle class is now in full retreat, as masses of our most endangered population depart the city in numbers not seen since the Depression, according to analysts.

After decades of sharp income erosion in the face of relentless taxes, escalating living costs and wage reductions through technological changes, the full extent of this shocking exodus is laid bare in the latest US Census data.

That shows the city is losing 100 residents each day ? with departures exceeding new arrivals.

New York City?s middle class comprises 48 percent of city residents, with median annual incomes between $30,000 and $60,000.

Thirty-one percent make lower incomes, and the ranks of the rich account for 21 percent of New York City residents.

By contrast, in the early 1970s, about 61 percent of New Yorkers were ensconced in the middle class; today, fewer than half are.

For example, of the estimated 175,000 net new private-sector jobs that have been created in New York City since 2017, fewer than 20 percent are paying middle- class salaries, Earle notes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom