Californian's luck????????

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
Who got lucky in the draws this year??? I'm feeling shined upon. Colorado unit 61 archery elk AND Nevada 032, 034, 035 antelope. 13 points for the Co tag and only 5 for the goat. Still got Wy deer and antelope, NM elk. Could get kinda busy.

Sept 3-7, duck/goose hunt in Alberta. Probably wasn't the year to buy that hunt.

Well I only applied for one out of state and tag I drew a South Dakota West River tag for a late November muley hunt. The rest are CA dream tags that I won't draw..

Jim

I got my Colorado Deer tag and still waiting on Wyoming,Arizona and all of California's draw.Kinda hope i strike out in Cali
Oilcan

Usually not that lucky in the draws, but this year is going to be very busy. So far I have drawn 3 good tags.
CO unit 70 third season mule deer
NV 221-223 Archery mule dseer
NV 032,034, & 035 antelope
With all the draws still out I hope I don't draw anything else, unless it's a sheep tag. Or a Grizzly Island elk tag, or my Goodale tag ( slim chance since I have been trying for that one since it was called SX2 )
Good luck to those that drew.

Bill

This is 1st year I went into the draws without having a back-up hunt locked up in case I didn't draw.

So far no tags for AZ elk and antelope, WY elk, sheep, mooose, and goat, CO deer, elk, deer, sheep, goat, antelope, moose, OR sheep, elk, antelope, deer, or NV deer, sheep, mtn goat (on waiting period for elk and antelope). Still have Montana sheep, mountain goat, moose, NM elk, sheep, deer, ibex, ID deer, elk, and antelope, WY deer, AZ deer and desert sheep, and of course deer, elk, antelope, and sheep in CA. I have lots of points but all the hunts applied for except one or two are tough draws so I am not too optimistic. But I have drawn some primo tags in the past so you never know.

I have had Caelkslayer's luck in the past which is a good problem to have and the more points you accumulate the more likely it becomes to draw multiple tags so you start having to take season dates into account when applying.

Good luck on your hunt Caelkslayer and good luck to the rest of you that have drawn tags and are still in CA and other state's draws!

Horniac

WELL....SO FAR I GOT A WYOMING BULL MOOSE TAG, A COLORADO BULL ELK TAG, I AM A TOP POINT POOL GUY FOR THE ARIZONA STRIP DEER TAG,....& YA 4 HUNTS HERE IN CA......NEXT YEAR LOOKS A BIT BETTER TOO !! ......YD.

yes indeed you have to use the system and points wisely to rest assured you hunt every year...luck helps!
plan a hunt in other states so you know you can hunt every other year with out using LE points or 1st choices until your ready to draw a premium tag!
that's why General and 2nd choice draws Deer hunts play such an vital roll to me..
here in California its B-zone!
I already used my luck drawing elk and antelope both in last 5 year here!
rm

hoping my son start showing some luck..so far
he not so lucky at all ..poor guy!

RACK.......LIKE NEVER BEFORE A GUY HAS TO PLAY THE POINTS GAME IN SEVERAL STATES, KNOW WHEN TO TAKE A LESSER HUNT IN A OFF YEAR, BE ABLE TO KICK UP A SLEEPER HUNT, GET LUCKY & PAY ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON FROM ANTELOPE......TO MOOSE. IT EVEN GETS WORSE WHEN HE TRIES TO GO OUT OF STATE 3 TIMES A YEAR........YD.

YukonDall,I have a bunch of Wyoming moose points I want to use next year.What unit did you get & did you go with an outfitter/
Good luck,David
PS Drew a Nevada archery deer tag for 065

Struck out for Nevada deer but did draw a Nevada 132-134, 245 antelope tag. Waiting on Wyoming deer and antelope as well as California deer, antelope, and elk. If I get drawn for Wyoming, I won't be heading for Arizona in January for a bow hunt. Hell, maybe I will!! Good luck guys...

Steve

Congrats. to all of you who drew out of state tags. The ol man and I werent so lucky, we struck out in Utah, Oregon and Nevada. California is our last chance and I know we wont draw anything here.

Good luck to all of you this season and have FUN.

Slide

>Struck out for Nevada deer but
>did draw a Nevada 132-134,
>245 antelope tag. Waiting on
>Wyoming deer and antelope as
>well as California deer, antelope,
>and elk. If I get
>drawn for Wyoming, I won't
>be heading for Arizona in
>January for a bow hunt.
>Hell, maybe I will!! Good
>luck guys...
>
>Steve

Hey Steve... Don't forget we already our G3 tags so keep a time slot open for December so we can go and kill a couple of big muleys.. Just don't tell anybody about how the nice lady at DFG hooked us up with the G3 tags...We are supposed to keep quiet about that.. By the way how was the rock cod fishing?

Jim

JIm- the rock cod trip was decent. Had a hard time finding the fish at first and by the time we did, we had two sick kids!! Ended up catching about 10 rock fish (blues and olive cod) and we decided to go into the bay and troll for halibut. Had a few hits but were only to bring in one of them. It was a nice one. I'll post some pics shortly. Thanks for asking.

G3 tags should be coming in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. We need to take some time and go find the brutes we want to take. DFG said that when we find them, they'll assign a guy to watch them for us so that we'll know where they are come December!! Those people really know customer service...

Steve

Wiz, an antelope tag for 132-134, 245 in Nevada? That's an odd one. Do you know the area? I have no idea about what to expect there. I've drawn antelope tags twice in Nevada but farther north.

No draws for me this year. Points in WY only.

Eel

Well Steve I don't know why all these guy's complain about our F&G.. What other state would send out a guy to keep a eye on our bucks? Yep.. Our F&G continues to amaze me.. Great people and all you have to do is ask. Your right.. They take customer service to a whole new level..

Jim

Well, no luck in Montana or New Mexico. Down to ID, WY, AZ, and CA.

Good luck to the rest of you guys...

Horniac

I am done with out of state draws for the year..I have Southern Utah buck tag a B zone tag and waiting for Ca other draw tags should have a X7a JR(son) tag and an X1 tag(me) need pure luck for others!
good luck!
rm

Rackmaster,

I also have the Southern Utah rifle tag, but will likely trade it in for archery if I strike out here in Cali. If you not real familiar with the area let me know, I grew up in Kanab.

I struck out in AZ Elk (13 points) and antelope and just bought the BP for deer as I do not have max points (drew in 2005) so have no chance at a tag north of the ditch.

Well New Mexico was very good to me getting a Jan bow hunt in 16 and a Valles Caldera Elk hunt. I am still waiting on Idaho and Wyoming and of course Cali(but not holding my breath). Worst case in Cali I will end up with an A and B tag.
Good luck to all!

CABugle

I have had no luck this year!!
Didnt draw Wyoming elk
Nevada Deer, Elk or antelope
New Mexico Elk
Utah Deer

But still hoping for maybe an Idaho controlled hunt for Elk unit29 or deer unit 54. ALso maybe CA wil be my lucky year with a East park reservoir elk tag or a Lassen Antelope. Maybe by some great miracle its my year for the M3 hunt. Hope everyone the best of luck this year!

CAhunt, if you draw the her 29 in ID or Lassen speedgoat tag, let me know. Hunted 29 and live in Lassen.

Horn, thanks for the well wishes.

Lik2, Do you know 032,034, 035?? I hunted it in 92. Was gonna hunt the same area as we saw 85+" bucks there in 91 and I took a 79"er in 92 with lots more hunters=pressure. I understand that area is now wilderness. Ever hear of anybody anybody packing in on horses for antelope?? If that area is roadless, thats what I'm gonna do.

All you seem to have been able to check NM without any problem. I've tried 6 times. Always get "msn error" every time I try to log in.

Califelkslayer,

I hunted deer in 34 in the early 90's. Saw a few antelope in 34 but not many. Much of 34 is wilderness now as you stated.

You are going to have a great time on your archery hunt in 61. Lots of elk and bulls.

Have you got your NM draw results yet? If not, try the "Check Draw Results" button in the left hand column under the fisherman photo or on the main screen. This bypasses the necessity to log in and all you need is name, birthdate, and last 4 digits of your SSN, or alternatively, your application #.

Good luck.

Horniac

Excellent lope tag to have. If you know the area and where to hunt, you WILL kill a trophy buck.

New guy here like to say hi, and no luck from az. or utah, got the hail mary tags in for ca. and a webfoot hunt in sask. in the last week of sept.Good luck to all!!
Mike

>Hi Mike,
>
>Welcome to MM. What part of
>CA you from?
>
>Jim

Thanks!,I like to think northen cal. north east of chico...just saw a couple of bucks behind the house, soon to be fork with a limp and a nice 4x2 with big eyeguards...the 2 side was palmed to about 3-4" at the fork..try for some pics later..
Mike

Hornaic, After 2 days of putting in my name, SS#, DOB, and having the error message, I went to the upstairs puter and found out right away that I was unsuccessful. Oh well.

2 good tags, a Alberta waterfowl hunt and a Wyoming antelope hunt with girlfriend and her son should get me through till chukar season. Could be lots worse.

For me nothing in Utah and New Mexico points in Wyoming. But X5B in Cali. I'm ready let the research begin!!!! John Mattos

Cahunter805, Sent you a PM. Need to drag out my Idaho maps for you. Good unit, coulda killed a bull 4 of 5 days I hunted. Took a smallish 5 point the 5th day, long story.

Tag season's over and here I go:

August 22-Sept 5, Nevada Antelope.

Sept 3-7, guided waterfowl in Alberta w/girlfriend.

August 30-Sept 28, Colorado Unit 61 archery hunt.

6 week antelope season in Wyoming.

Gonna scout Nv antelope weekend of August 16, probably leave camp there and get there Wed night for the Fri opener.

Flying to Alberta Canada Sept 3, returning Sept 7.

Leave for Colorado Sept 12. Hunt from 14th through 28th.

Meet girlfriend and her son in Wyoming around Oct 1 for our antelope hunt. They've got buck tags a 2 doe tags each plus my buck tag.

Back in Kali by Oct 7.

Might be able to sneak to Nv for chukar that first week back since I've got a new pup. Whew.

Gonna know if the girlfriend is a keeper after those 8 weeks.

Yea if that new girlfriend makes it thru that she might be a keeper.I havnt been lucky enough to have one make it thru the month of October yet.My family laughs at me because I usally have a new girlfriend from the end of tutkey season(April) till the middle of October.Most wonder why I only work 3 days a week but can hunt4?Sounds like a nobrainer to me.Oh well theres always another one where the last one came from.Good luck on all those hunts.And I hope she makes it for ya.

Norcaloutlaw, Work three days a week,do you work for Cal Fire by chance. Nocalhonker aka John Mattos

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom