Calling Bears?????

PJHntr

Is calling truly an effective tactic for hunting bears?

A good friend, I won't give names, sucks bad at calling. I think he shot 2 yotes all winter last year. Well he's gone out 4 or 5 times before work to attempt to call in a bear. I thought he was wasting his time, breath and gas. He calls me after the first morning he went out saying he called a bear in but couldn't get a shot, of course. I called bull $hit on it but swears it happened. He went a few more times with no reports to me. So he calls me today as I am leaving work, aparently I have a bear to go skin. He claims he called it in this afternoon and shot it.

So did he just luck out or is it that realistic to think you can go out a few times in good bear country and have a good chance at calling one in?

o yeah. i called a bear in this year unententionally with a wind up flash light, thats sounds very similar to a predator call. I have also called in bears when i was calling for coyotes. the bears came right in about 25 yards, slobering, not to mention once with my wind blowin right into the direction he was coming from.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom