camera for a begginer? kinda cheap?

joebobhunter4

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-06 AT 09:59PM (MST)[p]what do you think would be agood camera for a begginer? i want to get into taking awsome pictures like you all do and get good at it... except i have no idea what all those letters and numbers mean for cameras... and i have no idea bout any thing really? im hoping you guys can teach me some stuff? and i was wondering what would be a good camera to look into somewhat cheap... but still good quality pictures. and if you had any tips and stuff or websites on cameras or a good one to buy? thanks, it will mostly be for outdoors use... like animals and hunting... and i want it somewhat quiet? and one that has good zoom. because im going to be scouting for rams this summer for hunting and antelope and stuff so im gonna need one with good zoom. thanks a bunch and sorry for so many questions... but i have no idea on this stuff...

how much you want to spend? Budget is the first question.

If youre serious you could buy a good used d100 or d70 and a good long zoom.

There are too may limits to the point and shoot cameras for my taste.

www.dpreview.com has a ton of info!

I cant help you with the $300 sub stuff. I really only know about nikon and slr's an a little about point and shoots but I would not recomend one for wildlife photography. Not because they are not good but because I dont know which one is best. Moreover, I'm sure you cant buy the best for $300 bucks anyway. Good luck, I'm sorry I can help. If you ever want to step into the nikon slr's I can help with that. . .

I know it's hard but you might want to consider saving just a little bit more.There are camera's in the $500 dollar range that will alow you to operate shutter speed,appature,ect... This price range you can find a good starter camera.

beavis.gif

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-06 AT 10:12AM (MST)[p]Here is a New Canon A700 in your price range. There are extra options too.
A700camera.jpg

I wouldn't get my hopes up on finding a camera that will take a good close up at 300 yards. The best advise I have for you is get a good camera in your price range with a 10 to 12 power zoom ( check out dpreview.com), then get close to the animals. I find photography to be much like archery. The ranges to get good photos are very similar to the ranges needed to shoot a deer with a bow. There is no miracle camera that will allow you to take quality photos at very long distances. The quality photos you see guys taking here are the result of a lot time and patience and getting close to the animal. The photos have more to do with the skill of the photographer than the camera. I have become a better bow hunter since taking up photography.

Saskman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom