camera found

Mggs

3593screenshot952015-03-09-20-44-20.jpg

Call the Idaho highway patrol and give them the plate number. Let them know you found a camera and see if they can make contact or have another agency make contact.

>Owner has been found. John (owner
>of camera) is a fish
>and game biologist from Idaho,
>Camera has been lost for
>nearly 3 years.
And an MM member I believe.

Don't ya just love happy endings!!!

I'll share me post from the Idaho forum....

Thanks all. Yes, it was my camera and let's just say the post has gone somewhat viral. The original post on Facebook has now been shared over 17,000 times (now 18,500+), even though I was in contact with the finders within the first 12 hours! It's been fun....lots of old friends getting in contact with me and my wife. My dad and I lost the camera on a Salt River, Wyoming fishing trip in the summer of 2012 and it was found in the river last fall. Somehow, after over two years in the river, the camera still works....I will be getting it back on Saturday. Most of the pictures were backed up but there were quite a few that were taken on that trip that were lost. Both that sheep and that goat were included in their own forums here on MM back in the day!

I think the camera company needs to be contacted and you may get a tidy sum to be a rep for them, as that's sort of like the old Timex watch that just keeps on ticking! Hard to believe it was in the water that long and was tight enough to have maintained the pictures you had taken on that trip to enable it to be returned to you through a great finder.

What brand/model is this camera? What a neat story!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Eelgrass....it was probably a Brownie Box Camera. They were good cameras in their days.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-15 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]Eel, it was an older Sony Cybershot....pretty crazy, I got a call from NPR and was interviewed and aired nationaly on All Things Considered.....also made the cover of the Idaho Statesman, all for losing a camera!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom