Camera Suggestion

upmuley

LAST EDITED ON May-11-08 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]I want to upgrade from a standard digital camera to an SLR. I am somewhat of a novice but want to take higher quality photos. I need the camera to be able to take very high resolution pics up close for my E-commerce company (product shots on a tripod in a light box.)

I also want something for taking photos of game outdoors. I have a Zeiss spotting scope that I would like to rig to work with the camera aslo if it is possible. Any thoughts are appreciated.

One more thing...because I am a novice I want something on the lower price end of the spectrum and then upgrade.

Upmuley,
About 2 years ago I bought a Nikon D70S digital SLR. It was/is a great camera. If I were you I would spend some money on a good midrange DSLR that is compatible with the high end lenses that you may want to use some day. Get good with the cheaper camera. Learn about photography. Read a John Shaw book. You'll find out that good photography can be less of an accident and more reproducible than you may have first thought. Rent good quality lenses from lens rental places on the internet. When you buy lenses buy top quality and only buy what you've learned that you'll use by renting/trying before you buy. You will pay much more on lenses than you will your first camera body. Good quality lenses for wildlife seem to start about 1300 bucks (at least for Nikon they do). You can get good pics with other stuff but for reliable results you'll want better lenses with large apertures and vibration reduction or image stabilization.
I would save the point and shoot pictures for digiscoping. I think most brackets/adapters are made to accommodate the smaller form factor point and shoots than the bulkier DSLRs. They both have their places.
Good luck and enjoy an incredibly rewarding hobby,
ds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom