Camo Pants Input...

muleybull

Very Active Member
Looking for some new ideas on some camo pants. Something light, Arizona August/September temps. A little baggy.

Mine are getting worn out, I hate not living close enough to a place I can look at the stuff in person. Gotta order off the internet.

Any ideas would be appreciated....

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

sitka ascents are the best I've found for hot weather or rei's acme pants are the same material.

+1 on the microtex and microtex lite, but mine arent baggy.I guess you could order some tall and plus sizes though,lol.
-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

>+1 on the microtex and microtex
>lite, but mine arent baggy.I
>guess you could order some
>tall and plus sizes though,lol.

wow, no kidding? The pair I had was like walking around in a tent. They were so damn baggy I sent em back, kept the shirts tho.

I have looked at the cabelas stuff, just hard to see what they really are by a pic and a little description. I might try them out.

Im kinda hard on my camo, so it doesnt last all that long for me, thats why I have a hard time coughing up the money for the expensive stuff.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

I have a pair of microtex pants that I have abused for 4 seasons. Great stuff. I like my Sitka Ascents better but have only one season with them so far. Sig, you must be built like a coke machine if they aren't baggy on you.

i have the ascent pants and love them, my buddies have the microtex and love them as well. either one is great. one of my buddies could tear up steel and the microtex has held up for him.

The only thing I didn't like about my microtex were the pocket rivets. They were right where my rifle stock rubbed on them when slung and it was noisy. I used some 'plastidip' on them and that fixed the problem although they need to be recoated periodicaly.

agree on microtex. quiet, tough, and dries fast if you sweat. I like them baggy for when climbing uphill, plus, I want the deer to know I'm gangsta ;-)

WH

We use the Cabela's Revolution fleece pants with Dry Plus so we don't need to pack rain gear into the backcountry. We use the Scent-lok series garments and they have a lot of pockets. We hunt hard and have never worn out these pants. knife cut a pair last last year trying to cut through elk hide. The Revolution Fleece is a little heavy but we hunt up to 100F degree's and put up with it to be as quiet and closer to scent free as possible.. The pants breath well. Had a cow elk at 3 feet this past season. The only reason she didn't step on me was downed timber inbetween us. We use the Mossy-Oak Breakup because we hunt in alot of dark timber and stay in the shadows. We also have the microtex and it is great stuff. We found the fleece much quieter when walking but it picks up more burrs and needles you have to pick out after the trip. Kind of a pain... The microtex fabric rubbing against it self when walking made more noise.

You won't have any issues purchasing from Cabela's they will cut and hem to your spec's which ever pants you choose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom