Camping Near Vernon

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I will be hunting Vernon rifle next year. Are there any campgrounds in the area or is it a pull over and camp area? Not sure what range I'll be spending most of my time yet, but if you've got info on either of them, I'd love to hear it. If anyone has any specifics and they'd like to pm me, that would be great. Thanks.

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-11 AT 01:31PM (MST)[p]Not really any establised campgrounds near that I know of. Head down straight south of the town of Vernon and camp by Vernon Reservoir. You will find plenty of places to camp just about anywhere on the unit. It'll be a fun hunt for you.

Closest thing to a improved campground would be by Vernon Reservoir. There is also an old campsite out on the Simpsons I believe.

Man-Up Wisz & Pitch your Tent wherever you want to,this ain't Kali:D
So,You're blowin your Points on Vernon?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Ahhhh hell, BESS! Stay away from Vernon next year! Your souped up ATV's gonna push every deer off the mountain into Nevada!

You got any info for me? Come on...fess up. I'm sure you were hunting those hills back in the late 1800's. :)

legacy- thanks for the info...pm sent...saw the pm before reading this.

Steve

Sorry Wisz,
I'm no help on Vernon.
Can't remember how many points you have?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

10 NR points at the moment. I'm ready to hunt.....no more waiting. I'm very excited. The plan is to research from now until Oct. 22nd and gut every fish for info I can. This is my year!! :)

Steve

Best advise I could give you is, skip opening weekend altogether and hunt from Monday until it closes. There were camps in every wide spot in the road from the time we hit the reservoir to damn near Cherry Creek, but the majority had pulled out by Tuesday.

Vernon Deer Camp 2009:

deer3.jpg

there is an established camp ground on the north end of the simpson mountain range, simpson spirngs camp ground. There is also tons of established camp areas on the north end of the sheep rocks right off of the pony express rd. I can be alot of help on this unit if you need any come next october.

Shootinfool- I'll send you a pm tomorrow. I definately wanna pick your brain. Thanks for the offer.

1911- Ummmmmm....thanks but I think I'll go solo. I heard you're a regular at the secret clubhouse. By the way, buttholes aren't supposed to whistle when it's windy. :) Just kidding....with my luck, the hat couldn't hurt.

Steve

No "if's" about it, justr. I'm drawing that SOB! Ask around....you may have some friends that have some good info for me. :) My big dilema at this point is an ATV. I've heard it will come in handy big time on this hunt but I don't have one. How do you ask a friend to borrow an ATV? Not sure how to go about that.

Steve

hunt4130- I appreciate the offer but I prefer doing the research and doing it on my own. I think I'll have a lot (already do) of info from those on this site alone to run with. I hope to get out there for a few days in September to check out some areas that I will be hunting. Again, thanks for the offer.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Wiz
I have a Kas Mule side by side seats 4 with gun rack (folddown back seat to make the bed bigger) Hesperia isn't that far far ya.
BUT you would have to have Theft Insurance put on it. J/K
If we aren't using it during your hunt you're welcome to use it.
We will see how the draws comes out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom