Camptrailer frozen

OldJake

Does anyone have any brainstorms about how to thaw out the water tank in a camp trailer? Is there some sort of heater that I could buy to help with that?

Sageadvice????

Yep, I left the trailer full of water and the cold beat me to it!
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!!

IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME HEAT OLD JAKE!!!

I'D PULL IT INTO SOMBODY'S HEATED GARAGE FOR A FEW DAYS!!!

OR!!!

PUT A "SAFE" ELECTRIC HEATER UNDER IT AND PUT SOME TEMPORARY SKIRTING AROUND THE TRAILER!!!

REMEMBER,IT'LL TAKE QUITE A WHILE TO UNTHAW IT,LONGER THAN MOST THINK!!!

IF THE WATER HEATER IS FROZE UP LIGHT JUST THE PILOT & OPEN THE DRAIN ON IT,LET IT UNTHAW SLOWLY & KEEP AN EYE ON IT!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Campfire underneath the tank??

Seriously though.

Possibly you can get a small aquarium heater down the neck of the tank and into the water. Submerse it with warm water and plug in. They are submersible.

AND REMEMBER!!!

IT COULDA BEEN WORSE!!!

YOU COULDA FROZE YOUR TONGUE TO A STEEL POLE!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

OldJake, Bess gave you some good advice there. Slow is the way to go. Plumbing supply houses usually carry slip-on, can't pull out, type fittings that works well on 1/2" cpvc water lines if you have a break in one or some of them. Great time savers for plumbing working on pain in the ... trailers. Keep your fingers crossed and Good luck!

Joey

Is that your big trailer or your little one? That really sucks.
You may just be better off waiting until it thaws now as it may have already caused all the damage it will.

I was working on the road a while ago living out of my trailer house and forgot to leave my furnace on while I went home for a few days and when I come back I was frozen up, I don't know if it was as bad as yours but I just turned on the furnace to normal setting and everything was fine 24 hours later. Good Luck............

It's a long story, but basically I left one trailer down in Hanksville while we were hunting for Steph's deer. I ran antifreeze through the lines, but I left the tank full of fresh water in case we came back. Well, we didn't get back until after the "big freeze" and that holding tank is froze solid. I don't know if running the furnace would thaw out the tank or not???

I guess I'll try to find someone with a big garage. It is my gooseneck camp trailer Rick. I wish it was the little trailer, the tank is much easier to get at!!

Dustin

Come to think of it, I hate this freezing $!*@# weather. The horse troughs are froze, my plastic buckets are all broke, the list goes on forever. I need to move to somewhere like Phoenix for the winters!

That would be great. I could rope as much as I wanted to and chase deer with my bow. The best of both worlds for me! Then, when it warmed up, move back to Utah.

I'll have to look into that!!!

Dustin

If that trailer has a hot water heater tank, and it froze also, you can bet that you have a crack in the hot water heater tank and will be replacing it. I learned that one the hard way by failing to drain the hot water tank even though I drained the water storage tank.

RELH

Throw an electric blanket or heat pad around it.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nope have'nt, but I would. No spark or anything, should be safe?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I was afraid it was that trailer. Isn't your shop bay big enough to park in there?
Maybe you can get one of the trucking companys there to let you leave it in there shop overnight?
Anyhow good luck.... That sucks it is your nice trailer..

Where are you located i have a big shop you could put it in and we could turn up the heat inside

Rick, It's not the new horse trailer. I don't know if you saw this trailer or not. It is a gooseneck camp trailer and we left it in Hanksville the whole time. It was just an extra camp to make more room for friends and family on the hunt.

Muley7mm, I live in Salina. Is that close to you?

Dustin

Jeezus Jake ... if you live in Salina you got more to worry about than froze water LOL.

Teasing! RUS

Ain't that the truth Rus!???
Hey dustin, how many dang trailers do you have? If I'd have known you had more trailers down there, I'd have just used yours instead of pulling mine down. Of course it made the wife happy to have her little home there.... And we all know that if mamma ain't happy, nobody's happy...

I'M A THINKIN OldJakes NECK STARTED SWELLIN ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS THEM BUCKS!!!

I'LL BET HE WAS CLOSE BEHIND MS Jake THE WHOLE TIME!!!

I'LL BET HE'S BEEN TOLD TO BACK OFF A TIME OR TWO ALSO!!!

I WAS ABOUT TO CALL YOU Jake & TELL YOU WE HAD A HEAT WAVE IN THE BASIN YESTERDAY,BUT IT TOPPED OUT AT 26.9!!!

FELT LIKE SUMMER!!!

REMEMBER Jake!!!

H20 STARTS GETTIN STIFF AT ABOUT 32 DEGREES!!!

JUST RAZZIN YA!!!

YOU GET IT UNTHAWED???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-09 AT 09:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-09 AT 09:23?AM (MST)

The garage idea is a winner but you can use a heating pad or small electric heater 1500 BTU or less and buy some styrofoam insulation panels and surround the heater and tank in the styrofoam enclosure. Place the heater on a metal oil drip tray to help thaw it out. Build it like walls in a house around your tank to the ground and it will be bigger than the heater and will contain the heat The thicker panels can be easier to work with and offer their own support and duct tape or a long nail will seal the seams and help hold the panels in place. A small heater in the inside warming the area above the tank will help too but it's not necessary. Heat rises and it will take time and don't rush it convection will eventually work especially if you get a couple of warmer days with sun in the process. Good luck been there done it and bought the tshirt and hopefully you won't have a very expensive plumbing repair. mkae sure you vent it and don't let the heat get too hot in there hence the small heater. good luck

Dustin, I have a small propane space heater you are welcome to use. With the weather cooperating a little I think you could get it thawed out pretty quick...If you box it in like Boskee said, I think it would work well..
Let me know and I'll run it over if you need it..
Rick

Well, I got some of the ice melted, but I know there is still a big chunk of ice in the tank, but I left the drain open so hopefully all will be well come spring!

Bobcat, as far as my neck being swollen from the rut, he!!, it's always that way!!!! And you guessed it right on -- I have been told to back off numerous times!!!! LOL!

LOL OldJake!!!

I'LL BET YOU LISTENED TOO???

WELL FOR THE MOST PART,LOL!!!

SO,I'LL BET 'HER' BUCK IS BIGGER THAN ANY OF 'YOUR' BUCKS???

I KNOW THAT FEELING!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Yeah, her buck is waaaayyy bigger than any of mine. Heck, the elk she killed a few years ago is bigger than any of mine too! I guess she's got all the luck --- or is it skill!! LOL!

Maybe a trip down south with the trailer will help both my frozen trailer and my swollen neck!!! LOL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom