Canada - North Battleford Area

T

Texas_Hunter

We are hunting up there the end of November first of December and was wondering if what we are hearing up about all the rainfall and conditions are true. Heard it has been an exceptionally wet year, to the point that crops are ruined and rotting.

Just curious - never been to Canada so this should be an experience.

It has been an exceptionally wet and cold year this year. They had a really early frost up north and that severely damaged alot of crops. If anything has been swathed in some areas it is likely very wet and possibly sprouting. We have been lucky here in the south west and have escaped any of the damaging frost so far. Harvest is very slow in most parts of the province. My parents are usually done harvest by now but are only about 1/4 done so far this year. We had another 3/4 of an inch of rain on Sunday. What are you hunting up here? Are you going for whitetail or did you book a mule deer hunt on an indian reserve? just curious.

Saskman

We will be hunting for Whitetail on one of the Indian Reservations - they have 55,000 - 60,000 Acres. We have the option of taking either a mulie or a whitetail, but I have always wanted one of those heavy horned northern whitetail so I am focusing on that. The outfitter told me it has been unbelievable the amount of rain they have gotten. He said it is sad, because so many of the farmers have lost 80% - 90% of their crops this year. The weather is a concern for us coming from the Southern US, but we have tried to buy clothing that is high quality and we can layer. He recommended either the week of Thanksgiving or this week to us as his best producers. We're looking forward to it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom