Canmore Archery Bighorn Hunt

steelhead

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has done the archery Bighorn hunt in the Canmore Bow Zone. I am looking into booking with Frank Simpson. What have you heard or experienced about the Canmore Bow zone bighorn hunt? How about the Simpson's operation? Is there a lot of resident pressure? It sounds like a lot of fun. That would be awesome to get a bighorn with a bow.

Thanks,
Jed

Yes you could run into some residents but Im not to sure if many go to where the simpsons hunt, thats if there camp is still in the same place. Was in the area a few years back and we seen sheep everyday. I dont think you could go wrong booking with frank they seem to have good success, while at shots anyway Im told theres lots of missed shots at some pretty close ranges. It can get pretty cold there so do lots of practicing with your winter cloths on. The sheep movment can also depend on the weather there sometimes so it could vary from year to year.
Good luck

Steelhead

I hunted the Canmore in 1999 with Rick Guinn. I killed the only legal Ram which I saw after 14 days. He scored 161 6/8 and was the Fnaws Bronze Archery Bighorn in 1999. The year I hunted 6 hunters out of 55 took Rams. The hunt is dependent on weather. Some years if the weather stays to mild the Sheep stay in the Park. I have also heard of years with too much snow limiting mobility. I have heard that Natives now shoot the Sheep off the highway in the winter range. I have hunted with Frank Simpson for Cougar and can give him my highest recomendation. He is hard working, honest, knowledgeable, and entertaining. I also had a great hunt with Rick and would also recomend him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom