Canon DSLR experts

Blanding_Boy

Very Active Member
I have not been able to find anyone who can answer this question and am looking for some help.

I have a canon XL2 lens Canon XL Zoom lens - 5.4 mm - 108 mm - F/1.6-3.5. I know you can use SLR lens' on the XL2 but can you use the XL2 lens (above) on the new DSLRs? I'm looking at purchasing a Canon D60 and would like to use that 20x lens on that camera.

Does anyone know? or do you know someone who would know? I would think there would be some sort of adapter out there but can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

Did you mean the 6.52mpixel D60 or the new 18mpixel 60D?

The D60 is old school and not anywhere near up to the current standard. Buy a used T2i or newer T3i. The image quality and controls on the new cams are orders of magnitude better, not to mention that they do some of the best 1080p video available for less than $3000.

The XL lenses were designed for 740x480 video. They are nowhere near the quality for 18mpixel images that the new DSLR's produce. The bottom line is that the glass particle size is too big for the higher resolutions and your pics with will look like they were shot through a jar of marbles.

On a second note, I don't believe that the modern DSLR's will control the video lenses correctly.

It's a bummer, but the older SD glass just isn't up to the standard of vintage SLR or modern DSLR lenses.

Give me a shout if you want to discuss further. I've been playing big time with the T3i and it's about as addicting as hunting big bulls, especially knowing I might not be doing that for awhile :)

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom