Can't decide

T

todderr

I'm looking to purchase a new rifle in 300 Win Mag.I have this gun in a Browning A-Bolt Boss and I don't like the length or loudness of this gun. So I'm going to get the same cal. but in a diffrent make. I've looked at the following

Remington 700 Bdl S/S
Winchester M 70 Shadow S/S
Savage 116Fss
Howa 1500 Hunter S/S
Sako 75 S/S
I like the Sako, but is it really worth that much more? Also does the Tika come in a 300 Win with a composite stock and stainless steel? Any information would be very helpfull.
Thanks, Todd

Yes you can get the tikka in ss/syn in a 300 win.mag. I have it in a 7mm- mag and could not be happier. It is light, has a very smooth action, shorter bolt throw and a great trigger right from the box. I've looked at everything on your list and am glad to say I picked the tikka.

They make the CR attachment for the BOSS. The Savage is good right out of the box. I have a Win. S/S that took some tweeking but now shoots great.

The Sako 75 is in a class by itself as far as your list is concerned but the Tikka competes well. Light, accurate, and with the money you save over a Sako you can invest more in the scope. I like the rem. 700 stainless but hate their synthetic stocks.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-05 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]Get the Sako. Yeah, it's worth the extra money.
They shoot great out of the box, adjustable trigger, metal detachable mag, etc.
I had a .300 Win mag Sako 75 SS. Man, I wish I had it back.

noharleyyet..."The Sako 75 is in a class by itself as far as your list is concerned" Amen!!

Thanks guys for all the info. Just one more question,What's the diffrence between the Sako and the Tika?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-05 AT 08:06AM (MST)[p]One is expensive and worth it and the other is inexpensive and worth it even more.

How long is a rope????

JB

I got a 300 in the model 70 and also in the mark11. My buddy has one in the A-BOLT and sold me a 338 tikka a few years ago. The tikka is a very good rifle but I really like the model 70. In fact , I sold the tikka and bought another 338 in the model 70, I guess you just kind of stay with what you like

I say if you can afford it, get the Sako. If your money is tight, get the Tikka.
Both will shoot great, but the Sako is better built. I deplore the Tikka's plastic DM!! Other than that, they both will serve you well.

Get the 300 Win Mag in the A-bolt without the boss. That is what I have and I love it. It is an elk killing machine. Very accurate.

Between my sons and son-in-las and myself we have 4 of them.

Pappabull

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom