Can't go to my Valles Caldera Elk hunt!!!

NMboltripper

I need some quick advice....my story is this in brief. My wife has MS(multiple sclerosis)and in August she had her first exacerbation. A lession activated on her brain stem and she has been in the hospital and now the rehabilitaion hospital since Aug 22. She will be coming home around Sep 16.

I have a Valles Caldera archery elk hunt Sep 16-20. There is a mandatory orientation meeting Sep 14. Scouting day is Sep 15.

My question is this: is there any way to donate this tag to someone who might really want it?

My situation really sucks, but I would somehow be happy if I could give my tag to a fellow hunter. This would give me some joy.

Any advice guys??

Thanks,
-Mike

I would call Game and Fish to let them know what your situation is. Hopefully, they will let you donate the tag to a good organization.

Good luck to your wife.

yes, on a case by case basis, they may let you transfer the tag to a family member or a hunt of lifetime kid. Call them right away, this may require directors approval so it can take a while.

Sorry about your situation, our prayers are wiuth your family.

Sorry to hear about your wife & your hunting situation. Thoughts & prayers for your wife & family.

Call game and fish and ask to speak to the special hunts manager. time is runing out but i dont see why they would give you a hard time.It could be just the hunt someone being want to hunt.

Thanks guys!

I'll head over to NMDGF tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky and transfer this over to some lucky duck!!

And thanks for the well wishes. MS SUCKS!!

-Mike

Hope your wife is doing better. If you think it would be acceptable, I would call Dennis Trujillo at Valle Caldera and explain your situation.
They may let you come hunt the last couple days as an exception though that is very tough on a archery hunt.
Sorry to hear about your wife and missing out on the VC hunt.

Im am sorry to hear about your wife, I hope her treatments go well and may God Bless you both.

Have you heard any thing about your VC hunt or donating your tag. I would be interested in picking up that tag being I did not draw an elk tag myself. you can contact me at [email protected]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom