For Sale Canvas tent and stove(like new)

deadibob

Long Time Member
I've got a like new 12'x12' Kodiak canvas wall tent for sale. I am also including an also near new tent stove with it. I bought this tent and stove new and only used it for three days in the Henry Mountains (this past Monday-Wednesday). It was a rainy and very windy three days and I am surprised and impressed by how well it held up and how warm it was (never had a canvas tent before).

I would keep it but I'm offsetting the cost of the new transmission I needed to get the truck out there and fund whatever damage may have occured when I discovered bearing pieces while changing the oil in my Tahoe a week before the hunt started.

$1,000 for tent and stove (tent new is $900 but currently out of stock). I'm in Oak City but could meet somewhere between Fillmore-Orem.

How many guys did you have in there and how roomy was it? I’m in the market for a good canvas tent. I’ve never used one and not sure what size to get. Looking to fit 3 cots comfortably.

There was myself, two of my boys (ten and seventeen) and a four month old poodle/rhodesian ridgeback in the tent (he was only in there to sleep with my boy (it was his christmas present, gonna be a trapline dog). We stayed in it for only two nights on the hunt and set it up in the backyard before we left just so we would know how to set it up. It is surprisingly simple to erect and very The floor was completely covered with padded moving blankets from harbor freight the entire time (we never walked on the bare floor) and I think that helped keep it warm even without a fire in the stove. We had our beds in there, the stove, all our gear (we each had a big tote) and three chairs. It was surprisingly roomy without the chairs and still cozy with the chairs.

Three cots fit comfortably and as long as each guy isn't 350+ there is plenty of room.

Is the tent vented for the stove? That sucks about your vehicles. Maybe some pics would help.
The tent is vented and has lots of windows including a storm window which is pretty cool. I was going to take photos while we were out there but forgot. We laid it out downstairs near the fireplace to dry as soon as we got home. Most old canvas tents I've seen are moldy from putting away wet.

There are some good photos on the Kodiak tent website. I would set it up for a photo shoot in the backyard but we've had tons of rain the last two days and are supposed to have another tomorrow. I don't really want to have to take it down and dry it out again just for photos with the storm.

What stove setup?
The stove is a guide gear. I extended the chimney to 9’ and double walled it where it goes through the roof, regasketed the door, enlarged and added air vents in the door. Also made a little grate out of rebar for it. I welded the flange that attaches the chimney to the stove. It was originally bolted but reviews said it wasn’t attached well enough and leaked smoke.

These little mods were done after reading some of the reviews to be the little issues with these stoves.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom