Cape/Hide transporter

denzdye

Anyone have any experience using D&C Expediters or The Wildlife Gallery? I will be hunting Alaska in August, our outfitter uses either of these companies to prep hides/capes and ship to a taxidermist of our choosing. The pricing seems to be comparable between the two of them. Just looking for any feedback to help make a decision.
Thanks

The wildlife gallery is pretty much the only option in the lower 48 As far as a big operation. I'm sure there are a few other small shops that tann. Just be prepared to wait 6 to 8 month for your hide to get back. Once Covid hit and the other big tannery in NC closed down most of the volume went to WG. They are pretty good with large mammals but for some reason they always send my bobcats/foxes in like 3 pieces.

I have used D&C intentionally and had no problems. Knowledgeable and helpful and on time.

I have had used WG in a roundabout way, and if you have ever had taxidermy done in the US, there is a high chance so have you. As mentioned by ortegageno above, a whole bunch of taxis in the US use WG to prep capes for mounting. This is a big reason why so many smaller operations take so long on mounting turnaround. So many capes go to WG, the larger operations get faster service due to higher volume. At least that is what a few different taxis I have used have stated.

I have used wildlife gallery as well as grizzly expediters in Anchorage. Both offer a great service. I prefer to use grizzly because they will bundle ally stuff for the season and send it air cargo to me. They also do great tanning. I try to have my clients leave hides in Anchorage because I have had problems with luggage getting lost in Portland and Seattle and hides spoiling.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom