carbon tripod... which one?

nonet

So I have decided to get a carbon tripod. Gitzos are amazing but pricey! Any others out there? I am a sit down glasser so they dont need to be tall 45" or so and I dont like flipper locks but prefer twist lock legs as they are sturdier and last longer. i will be using them for my 15s. The real fat legs are not what I'm looking for as I am doing this to reduce weight and bulk in my pack.Thx in advance...

Eric

I have a couple I really like. The first one although not carbon is the outdoorsmans. The other one is a slik carbon tripod and you can get them for a very reasonable price on ebay.

if you are looking to save a little bit of money but dont want to give up too much performance I would take a look at the Vortex high Country tripod. It holds my 15's all day and then some. Fits nice in the pack and is not very heavy..

John

I have an aluminum Slik Sprint Pro EZ (nice tripod for the money) but my buddy has the carbon Slik and really likes it. His is only a few ounces lighter but also quieter

Thanks for the replies guys. I currently have the sprint pro as well and its ok but a bit noisy. The outdoorsmans tripod is out. I had one for one season and got rid of it quickly. It is light but other than that I couldnt find one thing about it I liked. Extremely noisy and a little dirt gumms the thing up... Not a fan... However their pan head is the best thing I have ever used!

Hey Eric,

I've got the Manfrotto CX Pro 3. Its as good as any out there, IMO. Might be worth a look.

Good luck!

I own the Outdoorsman tall tripod and wish I could get a "do over" on my purchase. As stated above the twist locks on the lower portion get dirty and do not lock tightly. In extreme cold weather moisture condensation freezes in there and they won't break free until they thaw. If you go with the medium you are probably ok as they just have the flipper locks.
Go with a Bogen or Slik carbon fiber.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom