carry gun

Ruger Vaquero 45 Long Colt loaded with 300Grain PMC's the bullets come with a warning. Do not shoot in anything other than a Ruger or Smith & Wesson.

I carry a Taurus ultra lite 38.special snub nose. It's cheap enough to not worry about it getting banged up. It's pretty light, small, and easy to use. But I have been thinking of getting something a little more powerful.

parecido ....Taurus 357mag 4in barrel or my Smith & Wesson 9mm 15rnd clip

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Taurus 24/7 9mm,only one I have.And I don;t take it hunting,it's for two legged critters,not too worried in the wild.I usually have a rifle or mz with me then.

Moz, Thats the perfect round I'de want to have if I ever
ran into the CookieBandit.But that would be one hell of a feeling to reach for your hip and remember I left it in unit 17.
:7

.22 Mag CCI Auto or the 9 shot H&R pistol .22.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

It's gotta be karma, crazey. The Judge may have spent a couple nights without me in unit 17, but good, clean living occasionally comes back to reward ya. At least that's how my old golfing buddy used to explain his sheer luck. The Judge continues to accompany me on all forays...

Used to carry a taurus .357 snubby. Switched to a taurus pt92 9mm, 17 rd clip.
When the wife goes fishing she takes her taurus pt111 9mm, 12 rd clip.

outdoorsdude - thats the next gun i'm thinking about buying. How's the recoil on it with the short barrel? The 44 mag i have now has an 8 1/2 in barrel, it's not well suited to carrying on my hip! hahaha

single action .22 Long rifle, handed down from my 97 year old grandpa who I lost this past March.Have carried this gun for about 18 years now...

Taurus 425 Tracker 4" BBL .44 mag w/ 305 gr Buff Bore ammo, or S&W .357 mag 6.5" BBL w/ 180 gr Buff Bore ammo. Prefer the tracker though, smaller and lighter.

Glock Model 19 in 9mm. Super lightweight, weatherproof and fits in anything. Reliable little gun.

Btw, I'm not streaking through any of ya'lls camps this season with as much firepower as I'm seeing above...

www.streamflies.com

also a glock 19, carry in and out of the hills. fits me like a glove and i have even used it to kill a charging ferrol hog down near brantley.

Parecido, you would love it. Very easy to carry, even saddled.

Shooting it will get all of your attention! The ports really help with muzzle flip! But I was told by its original owner "never fire this thing without hearing protection!!"

The thing that amazes me the most is how truly accurate it is. Have shot water jugs at 50yds with it. But mostly it spits .44specials during practice time.

A Kahr PM40 is my daily choice, but in the hills I'll either a 1911 or a Glock 32. The Taurus Judge has been catching my attention though lately.

the s&w governor has caught my attention lately. There's a gun show this weekend in ABQ, gonna go check it out and see what those babies are going for

Ruger Alaskan 44 mag!!:D

--just picked one up yesterday at Sportsmans. I think they have 1 left!!

I know way OVERKILL...but then again who knows...

NMBoltripper,

Think I was there when you bought yours, went home wanting one

runninlopes8,

Go get it!!

These guns are pretty rare. The gun guy at Sportsmans said they only make the Alaskan 454 one day out of the year.

The 44 mag is plenty of gun for me...or anyone.:D

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom