Carrying a spotting scope in a pack??

quickdrawkinker

Over the weeknd I bought a new pack, it's the Canadian by Blacks Creek. It has the internal compartment for a spotting scope which would be really nice if it fit my scope! I have a Leica 77 and I can't zip up the scope compartment on my new pack. I don't think it would fall out, but it makes me a little nervous. Is this how it's suppose to be or are there other packs out there that will accomodate the bigger spotters?

I use the Crookedhorn Masterguide pack. the spotting scope/tripod pouch is big enough for the larger scopes.

The only problem is that you have to decide just how much optical weight you want to carry, I carry the full sized stuff on scouting trips but when I am hunting I may have a compact or fixed power scope and a clamp type mount instead of a tripod because of all the other stuff I have to haul for boning out critters ( saw, gamebags, knife sharpener, camera, ect ect)it all adds up and you have a heavy pack...

I use a "Tarantula" pack and my 77 fits in there nicely in the side comaprtment.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

The j105 (just one) pack by eberlestock would hold it, and a tripod, and a gun, and food, and a dead deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom