Casper,Wy

squirtdog

I am thinking about an antelope hunt around Casper. I am looking for the best place to stay. I will be open to hotels/motels or RV parks with cabins. I got some info from the chamber of commerce but would like some other opinions. Thamks-Don

When hunting near Casper, i stay at the Parkway Plaza Motel, they cater to hunters.
7 Mag

I stayed at the SUPER 8 on CY Ave last year, they most definitely caterer to the hunters there all season long. Price was good too with all that they offer for refreshments and snacks in lobby. Next time I am there will be the same place.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-10 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]For RVing the KOA at Bar Nunn is one of the cleanest places I have seen. Wind walls if you are tenting. Out away from freeway sounds. VERY nice folks too ! They also have those little Kamp Kabins .

Pat C.

Brian is that right beside 25 near Appleby's and not too far from the Sportsman's Warehouse ? Or is that the Comfort I'm thinking of ? Either way that is where I stayed in 08. Really nice and clean and we talked them into a good rate.

Pat C.

It's not. I just checked. I was talking about Yellowstone and 2nd. I do think it's a Comfort Inn and it was nice !

Pat C.

Willy...
My friend and I stayed there at that Comfort Inn for two days last July and I was so glad to get the hell out of there. The only thing good was the price. Who wants to sit sidesaddle on the toilet while taking a dump? Was the most cramped bathroom I think I have ever had outside a travel trailer. Needless to say, we went looking around and made the reservations for the SUPER 8 then so we would have a decent room to stay in and PLENTY OF ROOM to feel relaxed in to do the 3 S's
Brian

345brfc.jpg

Pat,
we seen that sign for the KOA out on the highway one day as we were coming back into Casper, but I kept looking for the place and never seen it. Is it somewhere else away from the highway?
I talked with the lady last year earlier who owns the place turns out she was from here in the same town where I live. They do not stay open after Oct 31st then close for the winter.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

It's out of the way. The little Kabins sit up by the road and the HQ's sit back away. Not a lot out there. IIRC it's sort of out near a soda lake in Bar Nunn. The old KOA that used to be koa east isn't a place to stay ! I spent one night there and slept the next night on a picnic table down at the Wiess area at Pathfinder in howling winds and rain. I slept better on the table !

I'm still confused about the motel in Casper. We looked at one on the West side of the road and it was like you described. What ever one we stayed in was really nice and clean and a lot of room. We could walk up the hill to Applebees at the top of the hill beside 25 from it. You could also walk down to IHOP or something like that during the day for brunch. I hung out there for 2 days while I waited for the rains to end and prairie gumbo to dry up after I went down and scouted Ferris for a day

Pat C.

Pat,
It must have been a different Motel then as the one we were in was right close to the highway onramp headed north I think. No Applebee's or others close.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

i agree. Super 8 is the way to go. free snacks and breakfast food out for you nice and early. they are nice to hunters as well.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom