Cattle, not Sheep pics........

kilowatt

Received these pictures today and not a pretty sight. Seems that a Brand Inspector was on a ranch in Baca County, Colorado and found these cattle in this condition. Ranchers name not disclosed.
Brian
emailSnowCattle1.jpg

emailSnowCattle8.jpg

emailSnowCows2.jpg

emailSnowCows7.jpg

Oh that is awful! Those ears all iced over. Brand new babies too. It's a wonder they are surviving these temps.

I will name them.

cow 1- we will call viddles
cow 2- we will call Yum Yum
cow 3- we will call the little one scrumptious
then there is T-bone the fat one.

Rut

I think that's terrible too. But it might be a good day to sell. Aren't they sold by the pound/live weight? A few extra dollars there.

Eel

If I was the steer I would bury my face on a nipple.....
seems to melted the Ice off that calfs face!
rm

Rack- You are a steer. I think I would be a bull.

Those are tragic photos. The herd and the rancher will take years to recover.

ain't much one can do when it's that bad except put 'em up in a barn... but could yah fit 200 stear's in one barn, doubt it, I'd rather take 'em into auction before a die off...

yep, not much they can do. Same with the deer and elk. Actually that snow on them may act as a little bit of an insulator for them. Maybe not but who knows. I think that if it wasnt an insulator they would be wet instead of iced up.

Wow....that's crazy! Cows or not, that's pretty sad. I like eels idea, might be a good time to sell. :)

Like others have said...
Not much ya can do except bring 'em into the barn or kitchen...
Snow would be insulation against wind...
MMMmmmMmmmm.... T bone.....

Isn't it a bit early to have calfs on the ground??

Poor critters. That might be a late fall calf? It is a little early for the spring crop.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom