CDOW Policy on Returning Tags

Life sucks! AZGFD starts hitting accounts and I kept checking my account when it was actually my wife's that I put on the app! With the CO deadline hours away, I folded, and applied for a CO Bull tag. Well, found out yesterday (I am still in disbelief!), I was drawn for an early archery bull tag in AZ!
I heard that CDOW will accept returned tags, but needed to confirm how the process works should I need to return a tag. Any help would be appreciated!

Assuming you drew the CO bull tag on your first choice, you can either get your points back or your license fee back, but not both. If you drew on your second (or later) choice, you are good to go. All you're out is the application fee. I've gotten refunds in the past but they have always been tags drawn on my second or third choice. Since it didn't use any points to draw, I got a refund and my points remained.
What AZ archery tag did you draw?

Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

I drew a Unit 27 Early Archery Bull. This was my first CO app, so no big deal on lost bonus points, but my first choice was for a 96% draw rate, so I will probably have a tag. It would be just horrible to have 2 elk hunts this year, I know, but I would like to focus on my AZ hunt, and let those CO bulls get bigger for next year! Would I turn the tag in after I receive it, or can I call them now, and have them handle it before the actual draw?

call colorado wildlife and change your application for first choice and put in for a preferance point. You will get a preferance point and a refund in June. Enjoy your Arizona hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom