Cell Service in Valle Vidal?

nmyotebuster

My daughter has a cow hunt oct 30 thru nov 3 in the VV, and I was wondering do they have any cell coverage up there?

Also, how hard is it to get to the Shuree ponds campground that time of year ( we have a 28 foot 5th wheel )?

She took an oryx last year at 300+ yds so I am confident if we put a little boot leather down, we shouldn't have any problems getting her an opportunity, though I hope it is a third of that distance.

Thanks in advance,

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Sometimes you can get a cell signal at the big turn half way down the wall.

The McCrystal camp ground is lower on the east side, probably better weather if you are concerned about snow....

It depends on who you have phone service with. I have Verizon and had coverage up high, but my buddy had T-mobile and didn't get coverage anywhere up there.

Thanks guys !

I have verizon service, and so does my Bro-in-law so we should be ok ( though I hope to not have to use em at all ).

Any suggestions on better hunting area? McCrystal or Shuree? Hoping to maybe make it up in 2 weeks to get a better feel for the lay of the land.

Thanks again,

Good luck to those still hunting, and yet to hunt.

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NMYB, you should get cell service on the switchbacks of windy gap.
Have a safe and fun hunt, if you need some areas to hunt email me an ill help you out.
nmbighorn

BigHorn,

PM sent, THANKS!

T-mobile, AT&T, Plataeu get service at the Windy Gap near Shuree Ponds. Verizon doesn't work up there. Road in between Windy Gap and McCrystal Campground SUCKS period, so be prepaired.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom