Central Mountains late muzzy deer

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
I have hunted the Manti for 20+ years. My son and dad have a late season muzzy deer tag. I don't know the desert area very well except for hunting Antelope out there. I can't help but wonder if it's worth spending a day or 2 out there? I know it's tough hunting. If anyone has any starting points out there or anywhere on the east side of the mountain I would like to chat with ya. Like I said, I know part of the unit very well, but I don't want to overlook any spots. You can pm me if you would like. Thanks

Haha. I see you are doing what I am doing, I have the southslope vernal late muzzy tag and have hunted the unit my entire life.

I've been looking over all the areas I want to try out and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not setting myself up for failure by spreading myself too thin.

I have a ton of areas I want to go try out but I'm starting to think I need to focus on a couple proven areas that I know because you might only get one chance at one of the big dogs as they move through the area.

I have done this on other hunts in the past where I spread myself to thin by bouncing around from area to area and I never am able to lock into what the animals are doing, but on the hunts I pick a spot that produces and stick with it I do much better.

Can't help you on the Manti but my advice would be don't go chasing Rainbows too much.

I'm getting excited for my hunt, I bet you are too.

Haha. I see you are doing what I am doing, I have the southslope vernal late muzzy tag and have hunted the unit my entire life.

I've been looking over all the areas I want to try out and I'm starting to wonder if I'm not setting myself up for failure by spreading myself too thin.

I have a ton of areas I want to go try out but I'm starting to think I need to focus on a couple proven areas that I know because you might only get one chance at one of the big dogs as they move through the area.

I have done this on other hunts in the past where I spread myself to thin by bouncing around from area to area and I never am able to lock into what the animals are doing, but on the hunts I pick a spot that produces and stick with it I do much better.

Can't help you on the Manti but my advice would be don't go chasing Rainbows too much.

I'm getting excited for my hunt, I bet you are too.
Good advice there Jake, stick to what you know …

I’ve got the same tag in the manti this year and have been looking at the east side pretty hard to but unless there’s weather I think the bucks will still be up high I’m just hoping they’ll show themselves more due to the lack of pressure with only 30 tags up there…

I’ve got the same tag in the manti this year and have been looking at the east side pretty hard to but unless there’s weather I think the bucks will still be up high I’m just hoping they’ll show themselves more due to the lack of pressure with only 30 tags up there…
I sent you a pm.

Saw a couple smoker bucks on the east side in 2020 during the late bull hunt, that's a week later than the muzzy. They were coming down off the top after a good snow storm, headed for hwy 10.

Saw a couple smoker bucks on the east side in 2020 during the late bull hunt, that's a week later than the muzzy. They were coming down off the top after a good snow storm, headed for hwy 10.
Yeah I’ve had my eye in that country I think it’s going to be weather dependent as to where the deer are at during the hunt probably wait until the last minute to decide but right now I’m leaning towards starting up in the north west potion of the unit…

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom