Central Mtn Nebo Elk

nochawk

Anyone got some info on this unit?

Help a MOD out...LOL just think what you can get away with while Im out hunting...HEHEHE

Bull Elk - Limited Entry - Any Weapon (early) - Central Mountains, Nebo - units: 3
Name City, State
LARRY PETERSEN HYRUM, UT
JAVALAN REDD CEDAR CITY, UT
NATHAN GRIESS PLEASANT VIEW, UT

Before I start let me say that I've never hunted elk on this unit.

If I had your tag and wanted a 350+ bull I would center out of Payson Canyon. A lot of the canyon toward the top is high up and you can glass the areas below you from lookout areas. I spent some time up on the back side of Loafer Mountain archery hunting deer and we saw quite a few decent bulls up there. There is a Loafer Mountain Trailhead sign 2/3 the way up the canyon that will link you to the trails that we took up the mountain. Most of the area's I know are roadless, so leave your wheeler at home. We hunted off of horses. Get a map of the hiking/horse trails. There is tons of scrub oak (which I hate to hunt in) in the lower elevations. These areas can hold a ton of elk though. My buddy had this tag 2 years ago and had a line on two 350ish bulls east of the Pete Winward resivoir. He hunted these bulls hard and on the last day couldn't pass up a decent 320 bull. All in all you lucked out by getting this tag, so make it a fun hunt regardless of the outcome.

}}-SLIVER-->

nochawk,

If your seeking futher info on this unit, let me know. I have hunted this unit for 8 years now, and know it pretty well.

bbhunter

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom