Central Wyoming Gunsmiths

SouthernWyo

Anyone have a good gunsmith that they can recommend in central and/or SE Wyoming? Looking for someone with good experience with feeding problems and improved cartridges, which can be delicate and touchy, not something for the local garage or basement tinkerer. The gentleman that I've used forever around here is getting up in age and closing in on retirement from his second career as a smith.

I've met Dale Story and was impressed; it looks like Robert Stone at RGS is his prot?g?. Also read about Fred Zeglen at Z-Hat, and have been impressed with what I've read. Anyone have experience with either of these or have any other suggestions? Thanks, I would like to get a particular rifle up and running by summer.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-15 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]My wife had RGS put a brake on my rifle as a Christmas present. He did a good job and very short turn around time. My wife (who knows nothing about guns) said Robert was very professional and helpful. A few of my friends have used Robert, and they have all spoken highly of him.

I think Dale is semi retired and only does custom builds at his leisure. I'd say Robert is past the prot?g? stage. He's a top notch smith and custom rifle builder. I had him put together a long range rifle for me a couple years ago. He does good work and is highly regarded by those who know him...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom