Cheaper then dirt follows #####'s lead

jarheadhunter

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-12 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt?fref=ts

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

Spineless... How can they even expect to stay in business? Needless to say i will never buy another thing from them again...

I can't believe it!

For shitts and giggles I looked up a 30 rnd Pmag for a AR15... They are now $60

Went to midwayusa.com and they are still under $13

So Cheaper than Dirt is caving in to "Political Correctness" but they are capitalizing on the massacre at Connecticut...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

What I think is interesting is that they have 982 "likes" on that post and over 8200 comments of people saying they will never shop there again... Hmmm...

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

Well that makes perfect sense... NOT!!! They have lost another customer.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-12 AT 04:41PM (MST)[p]Here's another one, not that I really like their store much anyway. The ##### is the short version of Richard's Sporting goods and it starts with a "D"....love those filters.

Statement from #####?S Sporting Goods
We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.

Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.

We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-12 AT 05:31PM (MST)[p]CTD is taking a beating on their Facebook page!!

if you are a member of facebook, log on and leave your own message.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Someone must have hacked into their facebook account. It's hard to believe that they could be that stupid.

That's equivalent to my barber saying "i'm no longer going to cut hair, but i'd like to keep you as a customer".

Got this in my inbox this morning....

December 19, 2012 Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by
Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

These companies are all going to review there policy in light of legal action that may face in the future. It's call survival. Anyone that was assoicated with the incident are going to be interviewed and in court at some point trying to defend what they may or may have not done. I used to frquent guns shows all the time and bough/sold and traded guns regularly. I gace that up. The last thing I wanted to do is be the one that sold a gun to some crazy and end up losing my life savings to litigation.

I called them on the phone, 1-800-421-8047, just a bit ago, got a couple bricks of this and few boxes of that. They were only out of stock on 1 item of 8 or so and there was something else similar available that would do.

I noticed that each item has gone up in price from just a couple days ago. for instance, each 500 round brick of 22lr that was $23. is now $26. Also, my shipping charge is $57., a bit outrageous i'd say for a 14 pound parcel but i'll have the bit extra in case this scare runs longer than shorter.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom