Check out the deer Hank "caught".

DW

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-19 AT 01:30AM (MST)[p]https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/other-sports/2019/11/23/meet-hank-san-angelo-hunter-tells-the-story-of-the-big-buck-he-caught-that-could-be-one-for-the-record-books/?fbclid=IwAR0OBCwV1t6aLQsOTnjCL9sF1pKth1JD5DVCQwY1_7xNxO7WN3N5YfeVME4

16316sjlg2pdynnha3fpmnmbzomyoxi.jpeg

#livelikezac

SPYDER Buck?

Tri?

DAMN!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

The Spotting Rig!

7619spottingrig.jpg

Pellet feeding stations, Helicopter Observations and special early season...if that is what Boone and Crockett calls this one Fair Chase...game on for me to go shoot a Booner right now..

That's an amazing deer. If yall want one of the hardest deer hunts you will ever do go hunt the grease bush seas of far west Texas. I used to hunt a large ranch west of where this deer was killed. You can go days without seeing a buck at all. Seeing 10 deer in a day is a spectacular day. As for helicopters being used that's the only way you can do game surveys out there. Very few roads on giant flat properties. Notice his lease is 40,000 acres with only three hunters on it. The place I hunted out there was 70,000 acres and we weren't allowed to kill more than 2 bucks a year off of it. Its true needle in a haystack hunting out there. Its more "fair chase" than anything I ever hunted in Utah or Colorado.

I see lots of deductions so I'd probably pass. TIC
Helluva buck!!!

Zeke

#livelikezac

After reading the article the buck that grew that set of antlers was named Hank. The shooter is Greg Simons One of only three people allowed to hunt the 40,000 acre private ranch. It sounds more like a buck growing farm with pellet feeder?s and man-made water sources and a management plan. The logo on the guys shirt says a lot to me.

Definitely a impress set of antlers. That tip to tip spread has to be well over 40 inches

Great buck. Finding deer in creosote desert country isn't easy. Parking a truck within 350 yards of a known bedded buck would be too risky for me to try. I can't argue with the results. I like how he waited for a good shot opportunity instead of taking a questionable shot.

I'll Bet the Buck is Older than what's considered a Mature Buck in TARDville!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom