Check out this Bruiser

Beautiful buck and it’s great to see the CPW allowing nature to take its coarse on the Arsenal without any culling projects like they had when cwd was first discovered!

I believe the Arsenal had CWD back in the 80’s or 90’s. So much for the notion that bucks won’t age and that cwd is always fatal. There wouldn’t be any deer left on that relatively small property if that was the case with cwd prions accumulating in the soil over 40 years! All deer on the Arsenal should be dead if cwd was truly as bad as the cpw says it is!

What I find funny is these deer are confined behind high fences and there never has been any major die offs from cwd. There is and always has been quite a few great bucks on the Arsenal doing just fine 40+ years after cwd struck.

My guess is that this buck has resistant genes to cwd and is passing them along to the herd. What a genius strategy…let old age bucks with great genetics live long prosperous lives and let coyotes and other predators take care of the weak and sick!!!

Beautiful buck and it’s great to see the CPW allowing nature to take its coarse on the Arsenal without any culling projects like they had when cwd was first discovered!

I believe the Arsenal had CWD back in the 80’s or 90’s. So much for the notion that bucks won’t age and that cwd is always fatal. There wouldn’t be any deer left on that relatively small property if that was the case with cwd prions accumulating in the soil over 40 years! All deer on the Arsenal should be dead if cwd was truly as bad as the cpw says it is!

What I find funny is these deer are confined behind high fences and there never has been any major die offs from cwd. There is and always has been quite a few great bucks on the Arsenal doing just fine 40+ years after cwd struck.

My guess is that this buck has resistant genes to cwd and is passing them along to the herd. What a genius strategy…let old age bucks with great genetics live long prosperous lives and let coyotes and other predators take care of the weak and sick!!!
Na!

We Have The Game & Fish That Can Kill Them Quicker!

Perfectly stated !

Agreed !. The other buck out there is even bigger than this one.

Na!

We Have The Game & Fish That Can Kill Them Quicker!
Case in point. Unit 14 in Idaho. I believe they shot 550 deer this past year. Something like 323 whitetail and the rest muleys. Gave every landowner an additional 5 depredation tags that are good through the end of the year. Whitetail, muleys, bucks and does are all on the chopping block. Pretty sad.

Not trying to hijack this thread

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom