Check your return card

I know this is my first post, so take it for what you will, but... a big wheel in the system told me we should know today and not tomorrow the results. His info is usually golden, let's hope so this time. Stew on that one... groundsquirrel out.

Ok, come on now groundsquirrel with your single ominous post. Dont tease like that, these guys are already heart broken about the hunt nevada problems from last night.

Ill bet your source is from the "Idiots Guide to Bull$hit"

No not really, i hope you are right because the anticipation is killing me.

And... from experiencing applying for Nevada so long I have never seen results posted before Friday. So take that how ever you would like.

Alright Brandon82, I got one even better for you. I also caught a whisper that said every youth tag will fill this year. That's great for the kids. You'll know before your head hits the pillow. Anyone need a grain a salt...?

Hahaha, here is one... The 2012 Non-Res guided draw is up.

Has that been up all day? I love salt.

hahah, no not at all, resident for 30 years.. i was just curious. if that post just went up then it lends more credence to your statement. But if not, then i just dont know what to believe.

If anything Mr. Squirrel, you are least keeping me entertained through this toughest of thursdays.

Hahah.

I was just wondering how many people are going to return there tag after they finaly find out if they got one

So how many of yall looked at the 2011 results just to see what you name looked like? I had to look in the rejected category.

+1 i just did the same......love that successful from last year..

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Hey Groundsquirrel, time is runnin out in order for this to happen today. What's up dude? I am thinkin tommorrow afternoon like normal. Was hopin this year would be different. How many times do you all think HuntNevada is going to be visited tommorrow? I am off. Probably going to hit the refresh button all day. Good luck to all in the draw.

i think i gave their site 1000 views in the last 2 hours after GroundSquirrel started trouble.

Groundsquirrel today. Maybe King of the jungle tomorrow. Maybe ground fodder. Clocks tickin'... but it's still tickin'.

so how in the world did i draw 2 tags, which was the record difference for me. it doesnt make sense.

>so how in the world did
>i draw 2 tags, which
>was the record difference for
>me. it doesnt make
>sense.

How many tags have you drawn? And does it add up to what's shown? My dad drew a tag in '94 which isn't shown in the report, so he also showed 2 more than what was found... and he only applied for deer this year. If you've drawn a number of tags over the years, it's quite possible that one wasn't accounted for in the list.

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

I have drawn 6. And when the site was messing up it was showing 6 of 8 records indicating that I drew 2 tags this year. Only applied for 1 though.

>it's official.
>difference was tags for this years
>drawing.
>got an email stating the fact.
>

Did anybody else get an email? I didn't

>Some smart guy on another site
>found that in huntnevada.com his
>report card "found" more records
>than it shows for tags
>he's drawn over the years.
>Could it be that the
>extra record found is possibly
>this year's tag that isn't
>shown yet?
>
>Some others chimed in and there
>is mixed results.
>
>My dad, my buddy, and I
>applied for deer as a
>party. Each of ours shows
>1 more record found than
>what's shown. What's really interesting
>is that my buddy has
>never drawn a tag in
>NV, and it says "1
>record found/ 0 records shown".
>Mine says "3 records found/
>2 records shown". My dad's
>says "6 records found/ 5
>records shown". It appears that
>our party drew deer tags,
>but no other species were
>drawn among us.
>
>Check yours and report back!
>
>www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

New to this site. Reading all you guys threads for the last couple days is nerve racking. I hope what they posted yesterday is true but have my doubts. Would it count a mountain lion tag as the report.

I would guess probably that the mountain lion tag could be why so many residents are seeing multiple records

You don't turn in a return card for mountain lion though......I know tons of people who buy them, never even see a lion, and then just but a new one March 1st....

Im a nonresident, but drew back in 2005 and got a lion tag in 2010. my report only had 1 showing and had 2 reports. Thats why i was wondering if a lion tag might have something to do with it.

Just to add my part. I had 2 records none showing, as I have yet to dra a tag in nevada. I did a party app with a coworker and checked his. He has had 2 previous tags. His showed 4 records with 2 showing. We also both anticipated drawing our archery antelope tags as there has never been more than 32 first choice applicants and there are 50 tags this year. So take it for what its worth, but one thing is for sure. I am off work tomorrow and sleep tonight will not come easy.
~BaldBeaver

>Just to add my part. I
>had 2 records none showing,
>as I have yet to
>dra a tag in nevada.
>I did a party app
>with a coworker and checked
>his. He has had 2
>previous tags. His showed 4
>records with 2 showing. We
>also both anticipated drawing our
>archery antelope tags as there
>has never been more than
>32 first choice applicants and
>there are 50 tags this
>year. So take it for
>what its worth, but one
>thing is for sure. I
>am off work tomorrow and
>sleep tonight will not come
>easy.
>~BaldBeaver

I am with you. Same scenario for my archery antelope and tag count. Hope you draw tomorrow.

I just talked to another source and the glitch was legit

But there is some confusion he says it showed possible 3 tags drawn which is not impossible just not very likely he thinks it could be the Lion tag but can not confirm until tomorrow

Did see email from CAB this afternoon (BELOW) stating that there was a mistake that was as we all thought and did show if a tag was won they fixed the View as most of you have seen(Records shown vs records counted and put all on one page)stated they would be up Friday afternoon.
I sure hope my son gets his Ram or Bull tag, he had one more than showed. My count was accurate so I don't believe I got anything. Bummer!!!

Good Luck to you all! Below is a little take from the email.......

This cover eMail will describe the nature of the problem and the solution.
1) We ran the draw on Monty?s machine yesterday. The draw concluded sometime around noon and then we started the first of many processes that we have to do post draw and pre-display of the HTML results that are searchable by the general public (and will be displayed late Friday afternoon). Namely, Monty restored the backup with the actual application records updated to our server sometime in the late afternoon yesterday. This server is the one that is accessed by the On line application process and by the Harvest Return Card process, etc.
2) We had long ago modified the Harvest Return Card web site (where you see your tags and the status of your harvest reports, whether filed or not, etc.) so that it WOULD NOT prematurely display your tags until the release date had passed. This was to prevent inadvertent discovery of draw results prior to the release date.
3) Apparently, while we DID NOT display actual tag/hunts successful for the new draw, a label at the bottom of the Return Cards tab on this site did count the number of tags you had on file and displayed this count (though we didn't display the unripe tags from the latest draw). As such, if you had fourteen tags in your total experience with NDOW heretofore and you drew one this time, it would say ?15 records found, Page 1 of 3?. Some enterprising soul (we can't get these guys to apply on time or correctly apply, to heed the admonitions; but, they can comb through the web site ENDLESSLY afterword and dig this stuff up, AMAZING) discovered that if you counted the records and it MIGHT not match the count in ?xx records found,? portion of the message. He then speculated (correctly) that this indicated the number of tags you drew in the latest draw.
4) Monty and Wayne met early at the office and applied a fix. We no longer paginate the Return Cards as we did previously. Instead, it is one continuous list (like we do with the Applications Tab). We also no longer tell you how many results were found. Effectively, this blocks anyone from seeing what they drew UNTIL the release date has passed. They can go tomorrow afternoon and see the draw results on the HTML site.
5) This will be something we report this year during our ?State of the Draw? in the ?mea culpa? section. While I don't think the consequences were grave, and we fixed it quickly, it still is a reportable event in my estimation.

Lets just hope that things are still posted in a timely manner from here going forward. It is very nicce for people like me to find out if they draw in Nevada so we know if we need to try and draw other states like California and Idaho

good luck tomorrow I wonder what mine is

I would like to know who the control freak is over there...who cares if this is a "back door" way to see if you drew. Its no different than seeing a charge on your credit card before results are posted. Its like seeing your x-mas presents under the tree , you still have to wait for the big day to see what it really is.

I wouldnt think so. Im just so unlucky at drawing. I think of everything that could go wrong.LOL

Dang it. I had zero. I guess tomorrow I will wait in utter anticipation for draw results that I already know.

>I would like to know who
>the control freak is over
>there...who cares if this is
>a "back door" way to
>see if you drew. Its
>no different than seeing a
>charge on your credit card
>before results are posted. Its
>like seeing your x-mas presents
>under the tree , you
>still have to wait for
>the big day to see
>what it really is.

Sounds like it's good ol' "Wayne and Monty" trying to keep things under wraps. But yeah I agree, just tell us already for crying out loud. I'm sure it would keep their phones from ringing off the hook and their email inboxes from exploding.

www.bowhuntingetc.blogspot.com

>I would like to know who
>a "back door" way to
>see if you drew. Its
>under the tree , you
>still have to wait for
>the big day to see
>what it really is.

Computer people are generally like that. They dwell in a world of ones and zeroes, there is no in between, it either is or it isn't.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 09:13PM (MST)[p]>I would like to know who
>a "back door" way to
>see if you drew. Its
>under the tree , you
>still have to wait for
>the big day to see
>what it really is.

NO KIDDING! SHEEEEESHHH! i still dont believe I drew 3 species. NFW!

So anyone who has never had a NV tag before and had a 1 or more records before it was shut down, what do you have on the report card now?

>count your tags in the application
>history section and your numbers
>will probably match up with
>the 'records' thing --

tags on file - not return cards - my impression

I had 18 records and only 14 return cards - but in the application history section I can count 18 tags I have received in NV. (OTC turkey and 3 lion tags did not have return cards).

I should not really draw anything this year so I doubt I drew four tags because two would have to be sheep.

The return card thing might apply if all your tags had them -

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]I have never had a tag before, showed 2 reports found this morning and now I show nothing.

~BaldBeaver

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 11:05PM (MST)[p]HighSierra,

Sounds like a possible 'back door' for people who have never drawn still might exist. I have 0 records found on mine right now and have never drawn. Didn't check mine last night before they closed it.

Only a back door thing to see if you were drawn. Keep your fngers crossed....Good Luck!!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/3290now_that_i_have_your_attention!.jpg

That would be amazing, I would no tbe capable of sleeping if I were you. Please let us know what you got, I will be anxious to hear yours the most.
~BaldBeaver

>That would be amazing, I would
>no tbe capable of sleeping
>if I were you. Please
>let us know what you
>got, I will be anxious
>to hear yours the most.
>
>~BaldBeaver

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,, let us know what ya got.

Saw this on another site...Might be BS. Nothing said or done on the internet is a secret. We will see shortly!
Email:
"1)We ran the draw on Monty?s machine yesterday. The draw concluded sometime around noon and then we started the first of many processes that we have to do post draw and pre-display of the HTML results that are searchable by the general public (and will be displayed late Friday afternoon). Namely, Monty restored the backup with the actual application records updated to our server sometime in the late afternoon yesterday. This server is the one that is accessed by the On line application process and by the Harvest Return Card process, etc. 2)We had long ago modified the Harvest Return Card web site (where you see your tags and the status of your harvest reports, whether filed or not, etc.) so that it WOULD NOT prematurely display your tags until the release date had passed. This was to prevent inadvertent discovery of draw results prior to the release date. 3)Apparently, while we DID NOT display actual tag/hunts successful for the new draw, a label at the bottom of the Return Cards tab on this site did count the number of tags you had on file and displayed this count (though we didn't display the unripe tags from the latest draw). As such, if you had fourteen tags in your total experience with NDOW heretofore and you drew one this time, it would say ?15 records found, Page 1 of 3?. Some enterprising soul (we can't get these guys to apply on time or correctly apply, to heed the admonitions; but, they can comb through the web site ENDLESSLY afterword and dig this stuff up, AMAZING) discovered that if you counted the records and it MIGHT not match the count in ?xx records found,? portion of the message. He then speculated (correctly) that this indicated the number of tags you drew in the latest draw. 4)Monty and Wayne met early at the office and applied a fix. We no longer paginate the Return Cards as we did previously. Instead, it is one continuous list (like we do with the Applications Tab). We also no longer tell you how many results were found. Effectively, this blocks anyone from seeing what they drew UNTIL the release date has passed. They can go tomorrow afternoon and see the draw results on the HTML site. 5)This will be something we report this year during our ?State of the Draw? in the ?mea culpa? section. While I don't think the consequences were grave, and we fixed it quickly, it still is a reportable event in my estimation."

Damn...My apologies to poster 141....Thats what I get for not reading everything before I put foot in mouth.

I did some research on mine. I have had 16 tags including a swan tag in 2006. The swan tag was not in my return cards. I had 19 records with 15 showing. I do not think that tags with manditory check INS show in your return cards. This would include lion tags. So if all is true I'm going to draw 4 tags. We shall see....

nitis......I believe they will post right before or shortly after 5 p.m. it is 12:45 in Nevada so they are at lunch ;-). Hang in there I am just as excited and I keep hitting the refresh button. lol

I want to say last year it was around 2 pm

you know they are watching these boards and just screwing with us

yep, I was towning my toy hauler and family to Idaho camping last year when my buddy called and told me what I had drawn. I wanted to come home right then....Maybe just to check and see if he wasnt BS'ing me. lol

They will post in a bit. They kinda locked into that from the email they sent out yesterday.

Good Luck

NVBIRD is correct. Last year the results were posted just after 3pm and the year before that was close to 3:30. Either way were getting close.

Ended up with deer,cow elk, and a speed goat tag. All stick and string. Unbelievable.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom