Checkerboard Hunting

quest

Very Active Member
So with this court thing going on, did this open up a new kind of hunting in WYOMING? I got an email from Eastman talking about ways to navigate some of this private land… it didn’t say anything about cross/hopping but it did mention hunters are looking for places they can hunt without the crowds. This makes sense to me.

This thread brings back memories. MANY years ago, a buddy and myself drew a couple of Wyoming antelope buck tags, some where
north of Casper. East or west, I don’t recall. What I do remember is that the unit/area we were hunting was a checkerboard of public vs private laid out in agricultural sections. We had good maps provided by the Wyoming Division of Wildlife ( or whatever it’s called ). We found a group of lopers on what we were sure was public property. We both made good stalks on the herd from different directions and both of us shot 2 nice bucks. We packed both bucks back to the road and we’re met by an irate, screaming individual that claimed to be the land owner. To make this short, I told him we had maps and we knew we were on public property and call whoever he wanted. If he wanted a fight, he could have had one; he knew it. He left. Anyway, that’s my checkerboard story.

Buzz posted this link. I think it’s spot on……….https://justiceforcowboys.files.wordpress.com/2023/06/2023.06.16-letter-re-summary-of-opinion-by-trial-court-for-release-updated.pdf

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom