Cheyenne

COHunter

I have a question for you folks that live in and around Cheyenne.

I work for the Air Force at Peterson AFB in Colorado, but the wife and I are getting very anxious to move. I could put in for a transfer to FE Warren AFB, and she is a teacher so she can go just about anywhere, especially when she gets her Special Ed Masters.

Colorado is going downhill fast IMO with all the growth and "Progressive Thinkers" moving here from other parts of the country (and we all know where from).

We have been to Cheyenne before but only on day trips, so we are looking for info on schools, growth, home costs, things to do in the area such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc.

If you guys could give me the good & bad I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I can tell you as someone else that is looking that parts of WY real estate are going up a bunch. Casper and that NE quadrant is doing an oil boom and coal boom job growth thing. Prices have went up enough to amaze me. I'm wondering if there will be a downturn before I'm too old to get in on that end . I can not talk the family into heading that way at this point in time though even with motor control jobs being in somewhat of a demand right now. Look and see what the Cheyenne paper is and watch it online. You get a good feel for crime, local issues, etc from doing that. At least I think I do for the Casper area from reading the Star most days. Just a few thoughts from someone in a position near yours.

Gotlost
PM sent

Being that its only 3 hours north of where we live now, it wouldn't be all to different and as a bonus, I'd be 3 hours away from my Mom LOL!

Plus my wife likes Wyoming.
(Lucky Me)

You ARE lucky. Get her something extra special for Christmas just for that.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom