China is buying up American farmland!

I don't like it, but if a seller wants to sell to the highest bidder I think they should have the option. I'm not about to tell a farmer they have to take less money for their farm because of who the buyer is.

It's up to the farmer to pick their buyer, not the government.

Great, I was trying to work out a whitetail lease in Kansas, now I’ll have to figure in money for the interpreter. This country is in for a mell of a hess!

I don't like it, but if a seller wants to sell to the highest bidder I think they should have the option. I'm not about to tell a farmer they have to take less money for their farm because of who the buyer is.

I'm a smaller is better government guy.......but I see it as a dereliction of the government to not control enemy states from participating within our borders....to our detriment....

They bought off quite a few politicians why would land near our military installations be a big deal to those in power.

who controls.jpg

Meh….not so sure I’m ready to get all twisted up on this yet, but something to keep an eye on.

America is still sorta free and we can acquire property as we see fit without goobermint interference. There are plenty of methods the State could use to prohibit this if they wanted to. The “why/who” question is a lot more fun anyway. ;)

They (“Chineese” nationals) got busted here with a LARGE pot farm a few years back. We now teach the language (one of them) in our podunk skool. God bless America.??

Think blue!

Think!
Why? Maybe they’re going to build orpanages….or a church. :rolleyes:

So, is what Buffet did ok?

I still remember economics class so not a big fan of protectionism. If it wasn’t for the China Bucks, we’d already be done.

Don’t worry, it looks like all of us are about gone now so soon you’ll be able to fill out a goobermint form asking permission to sell your place.

Whew….that’s enough thinking for one day. Off to chase whitey with the global elites. :)

Last edited:

I don't disagree, but the Gov shouldn't allow China to be part of any buying process. Or, if we want to be politically correct. The US should only allow buyers from foreign countries that allow US buyers in them.

Food supply is a national defense issue, not solely a real estate transaction.

I don't disagree, but the Gov shouldn't allow China to be part of any buying process. Or, if we want to be politically correct. The US should only allow buyers from foreign countries that allow US buyers in them.

Food supply is a national defense issue, not solely a real estate transaction.
Who is “China”? I suppose we would have to make an inquiry through their American law firm.

Im sorry, but I can’t take the topic seriously anymore. Once I got the mental image of Homer towering over everyone else at the farmers market being worshiped like C3pO by those teddy bear things in Star Wars, my brain shorted out. :ROFLMAO:

My point is our government shouldn’t be allowing our enemies to be buying our land.
No matter who the seller.
What good could come from China buying up farmland in our country?
You mean more Government control over our ‘Freedom’ right?

I remember when the Japanese were buying all of the real estate in NYC in the 80s. I think the Yanks bought that back for pennies on the dollar. I assume if a farmer is selling it's because he knows what it's worth.

It’s concerning, but then again it’s not. The Chi-coms, can buy all they want, if they screw around on said land or get all stirred up internationally, that land and investment is gone. It will incentivize their despotic government to play nice with our despotic government. Who knows maybe if you learn mandarin and don’t mention Taiwan and talk about how China is super great #1 they will let you hunt deer

It’s concerning, but then again it’s not. The Chi-coms, can buy all they want, if they screw around on said land or get all stirred up internationally, that land and investment is gone. It will incentivize their despotic government to play nice with our despotic government. Who knows maybe if you learn mandarin and don’t mention Taiwan and talk about how China is super great #1 they will let you hunt deer
Exactly, it's not like they can move it...

You can blame a lot of this on our inheritance tax structure.
This ^ it’s getting tough for families to hold onto farms and ranches, if not planned for correctly the gubberment will slap you with a tax bill that will make your head spin all cause your old ma or paw kicked the bucket

This ^ it’s getting tough for families to hold onto farms and ranches, if not planned for correctly the gubberment will slap you with a tax bill that will make your head spin all cause your old ma or paw kicked the bucket
The estate tax exemption is $12 million. Not exactly a small family farm. The real culprit is people paying more than the land is worth. Around here they're getting 10k an acre for land with yields that justify 3k. Who wouldn't sell?

I just don’t trust our current administration to do what’s right for its own people. I believe they are selling out our freedom and our country.
Why would China want that farmland if it’s not worth anything?Believe me they know what they’re doing and they know they can get away with it with this administration.
Our government is supposed to be for the people not against us.
Let’s go Brandon!

The estate tax exemption is $12 million. Not exactly a small family farm. The real culprit is people paying more than the land is worth. Around here they're getting 10k an acre for land with yields that justify 3k. Who wouldn't sell?
Same thing out here, but I guess it is worth that much if a Kalifornian buys it. We have homes and chunks of land going for absurd amounts. Some people around here are fishing too, posting for absurd amounts to see if people bite

I just don’t trust our current administration to do what’s right for its own people. I believe they are selling out our freedom and our country.
Why would China want that farmland if it’s not worth anything?Believe me they know what they’re doing and they know they can get away with it with this administration.
Our government is supposed to be for the people not against us.
Let’s go Brandon!
Doing what's right for the people is letting the people decide to whom and for how much they want to sell their property. You're asking that the federal government step in and implement price controls because you're scared of the CCP. Implementing communism to prevent a communist takeover doesn't seem practical to me.

Last edited:
Same thing out here, but I guess it is worth that much if a Kalifornian buys it. We have homes and chunks of land going for absurd amounts. Some people around here are fishing too, posting for absurd amounts to see if people bite
Yeah, there's 600 AU ranch for sale near me for 15 million. And they just might get it.

Why? Maybe they’re going to build orpanages….or a church. :rolleyes:

So, is what Buffet did ok?

I still remember economics class so not a big fan of protectionism. If it wasn’t for the China Bucks, we’d already be done.

Don’t worry, it looks like all of us are about gone now so soon you’ll be able to fill out a goobermint form asking permission to sell your place.

Whew….that’s enough thinking for one day. Off to chase whitey with the global elites. :)
Look kids Colorado wisdom....

This is exactly why the thing I want for situations like this is not possible....It's not like Xi is standing there with his CCP check book negotiating with the farmer...lol

"Who is “China”? I suppose we would have to make an inquiry through their American law firm."

I went to a local farm that sells produce this morning and it was closed. The sign says....
"禁止擅入" ("jìnzhǐ shàn rù")

I looked it up...NO TRESPASSING

Just kidding.

Doing what's right for the people is letting the people decide to whom and for how much they want to sell their property. You're asking that the federal government step in and implement price controls because you're scared of the CCP. Implementing communism to prevent a communist takeover doesn't seem practical to me.
I’m not talking about price controls. I’m talking about not allowing our enemies to engage in practices on our own soil that are against our national security interest.

they already own the majority of our government so the land thing is probably just a technicality. you really think the pigs we have in office would ever go against the will of the Chinese government? if you do you haven't been paying attention.

how much of our strategic oil reserve did ole diaper joe sell them again?

I remember when the Japanese were buying all of the real estate in NYC in the 80s. I think the Yanks bought that back for pennies on the dollar. I assume if a farmer is selling it's because he knows what it's worth.
And if I remember right the Japanese bought areas in Montana that they sold for less as well.

No. Not price controls. You act like their aren't gov controls now. Try building a strip club in city limits, or a bar by a church. Try opening a junkyard next to city hall. Gov can dictate what's in the best interest of communities now.

We've already conceded our energy production in this country, for solar and wind made in China.

Well I’m less concerned with China buying farmland and more concerned that they produce tons of critical infrastructure items ( especially solar panels ;)and medical items, also they steal tons of patents and tech from us… once we get that under control then we look at them buying the back 40

I don't like China buying US properties but I am probably more scared of Bill Gates buying up hundreds of thousands of properties.
He is a spooky man.
Yeah, MTG says he has "fake meat that is grown in a peach tree dish."

Can anybody please explain to me what a "peach tree dish" is?

? ?

We're not really a sovereign nation any longer. They have borders and stuff. Everything here is for sale to whomever.
My point exactly.
We are being sold out for what? Votes, power, money to line the pockets of politicians and their family members!
That’s why the left hates Trump so bad. He’s trying to drain the swamp of all the corrupt bs!
Some people may not like the way he presents himself but he does put America first!
This China thing is just one more example of how Fd up our current administration is!

I remember when I met with Sinopec 10 years ago about the coal to gas plant in Wyoming……..move along, nothing to see here.

Yes, they gave us gifts like the tv stereotypes. We gave them a chicom memory stick with a bunch of self promoting propaganda. God bless America ??

Well I’m less concerned with China buying farmland and more concerned that they produce tons of critical infrastructure items ( especially solar panels ;)and medical items, also they steal tons of patents and tech from us… once we get that under control then we look at them buying the back 40

And just how is china going to continue producing tons of critical infrastructure items when their labor pool is diminishing like everyone elses?

1) The Baby Boom was a worldwide event.

2) China shot themselves in the foot replacing an aging boomer labor pool with their one-child policy.

3) They urbanized too quickly, and with the globalized economy changing, they have no way to keep themselves going without all the inputs they require.

China is not a threat.

And just how is china going to continue producing tons of critical infrastructure items when their labor pool is diminishing like everyone elses?

1) The Baby Boom was a worldwide event.

2) China shot themselves in the foot replacing an aging boomer labor pool with their one-child policy.

3) They urbanized too quickly, and with the globalized economy changing, they have no way to keep themselves going without all the inputs they require.

China is not a threat.
I would say they are still a threat, but there is some truth to what you mentioned, although while I was playing misguided patriot in Afghanistan with my buddies for the last 20 years China has been recreating the Silk Road, and making huge inroads in Africa where they are setting up factories so that the massive young populations can still make and move some serious goods for the chi-coms. They dun screwed up with the one child policy, but they aren’t a complete paper tiger yet. I have a friend who works for north face and has been there several times for work and has some wild ass stories about the chi-coms

Last edited:
I would say they are still a threat, but there is some truth to what you mentioned, although while I was playing misguided patriot in Afghanistan with my buddies for the last 20 years China has been recreating the Silk Road, and making huge inroads in Africa where they are setting up factories so that the massive young populations can still make and move some serious goods for the chi-coms. They dun screwed up with the one child policy, but they aren’t a complete paper tiger yet. I have a friend who works for north face and has been there several times for work and has some wild ass stories about the chi-coms

Part of that silk road go through India or any of its surrounding waters? India don't like China...

China isn't the threat many believe them to be from a globalization standpoint. One major hurdle China has is its low ability to produce domestic fuel. If China can't provide its niche contribution, low cost labor, then they won't manufacture. Low cost labor in China was only possible because they had a lot of it to provide the output they did.

Who is the largest consumer globally? My bet is the USA and with its aging demographic retiring, consumption will decrease as well. Fixed incomes can only buy much. Without high consumption (of cheap goods), China no longer has the niche market in low cost labor.

prime Iowa farmland goes for 10k an acre.
State Inheritance tax is 10%.
A modest 500 acre family farm can go for 5 million. You got 500k laying around to pay the state?

We've Made Them Wealthy With All This Cheap-Ass Trash We Buy That Don't Last!

ABSO-F'N-LUTELY No Quality To Any Of It!

But We Keep Buying Their GARBAGE!

prime Iowa farmland goes for 10k an acre.
State Inheritance tax is 10%.
A modest 500 acre family farm can go for 5 million. You got 500k laying around to pay the state?
I would if someone just gave me 500 acres of Iowa farmland. I don’t see how farmland is any different then any other asset. If my parents had $5mil in cash that I got in inheritance I wouldn’t expect to pocket all of it without paying inheritance tax. Farmland is just another asset and the govt is gonna get their cut.

No. Not price controls. You act like their aren't gov controls now. Try building a strip club in city limits, or a bar by a church. Try opening a junkyard next to city hall. Gov can dictate what's in the best interest of communities now.

We've already conceded our energy production in this country, for solar and wind made in China.
Those are all local government. It's amazing how fast you staunch conservatives will run to big brother when you think the boogie man is after you.

I’m not talking about price controls. I’m talking about not allowing our enemies to engage in practices on our own soil that are against our national security interest.
Which practices would these be? Buying farmland and leasing it back to American farmers? You let me know when your local tractor shop is full of Chinese men buying combines.

I would if someone just gave me 500 acres of Iowa farmland. I don’t see how farmland is any different then any other asset. If my parents had $5mil in cash that I got in inheritance I wouldn’t expect to pocket all of it without paying inheritance tax. Farmland is just another asset and the govt is gonna get their cut.

The gov got their cut in property taxes, income taxes, etc.

Inheritance tax is theft

I just seen that too. and the 300 acres right next to a Government facility for the drone projects I thought they said. I didn’t think foreign citizens countries could own US property like the rest of the world.
Joe’s afraid if he says anything the Chinese Government will rat him out for taking money from them for pay to play.
So if Trump wins 2024 then DeSantis runs and wins 2028-2032 and we keep the House and Senate for that same amount of time We the American People should be able to put actual laws in place instead of Executive Privilege or whatever its called then as soon as the other guy is elected they change the good to bad. It would be nice to have 15 years straight of prosperity build more prisons, a beautiful wall, finally drain the Swamp. Biden is letting all the immigrants in and want to give them the right to vote to transplant in key states to help insure the Dems win in key states.
I love me some Trump! His rallies make the hair on my neck stand up! He is the first President I know off that act had a To Do List of things he was going to do and he checked them off the list when he accomplished them that’s how it should be.

Last edited:
Watch the Hannity show on Fox News. July 27. If you want to learn more about what China’s doing with our land!
I like Hannity, Ingram Love the five and Gutfeld
dislike Watters, Tucker. Jesse isn’t right he thinks his all that and a bag of chips! Tucker is a scare tactics Doom and Gloom show which I don’t like. Don’t get me wrong he gets politicians to have to answer for their actions I just like want to hear positive stories with the other

The gov got their cut in property taxes, income taxes, etc.

Inheritance tax is theft
What is % tax on inheritance? So let me get this straight your family makes the money pays taxes then invest money pays taxes again then dies make your family pay tax some more?

I thought the limit on inheritance tax was 5 million didn't President Bush change that from 1 or 2 million to 5 million.
But I do agree that families that have had land for years and years only to lose it when the Mother and Fa

I thought the limit on inheritance tax was 5 million didn't President Bush change that from 1 or 2 million to 5 million.
But I do agree that families that have had land for years and years only to lose it when the Mother and Fa
It's up to 6 million this year. That's per spouse so 12 million for a couple. It's 40% I think.

Sorry having issues with my computer...
It is terrible to see families that have family farms and lose them after the Mother and Father dies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom