Chroronograph

ishootaRUM300

So I am looking at getting a chronograph machine. This is one of the ones that midway has. Can anyone tell me if it is a good one or if there is one that is better.

The Pact Professional Chronograph XP features a huge bullet library, Mark 6 skyscreens with an improved mounting bracket and a built-in printer. The XP measures bullet velocity from 50 to 5,000 fps. You can download shot data to a PC and upload new bullet data as it is developed. Chronograph calculates average velocity, Taylor knockdown power, power factor, standard deviation, average deviation, extreme spread and trajectory. Chronograph gives you a complete statistical analysis of your velocity data which allows you to tune your loads to perfection. Load calculations include energy, recoil and knockdown power. Powered by a 9 volt battery (included).

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=988710

Many say the CED Millenium 2 is the one to get, since the Oehler is no longer being sold. The basic CED M2 is $199.

I have also been in the market for a chronograph. After a lot of research and talking to people who use them, I bought the CED M2 from Midway. It arrived a couple days ago and is still in the box. Hope to try it out soon. It looks like it will be easy to use from reading the manual.
-- Bob

I tried out my CED M2 from Midway. I've been really happy with it. It is very easy to use, and all the numbers seem to be very believable. I have loaned it out, and my friends have been impressed also. The biggest surprise that we've had with it so far, is that my Tikka 25-06, which is more accurate than my friends 257 Weatherby, is also a faster! (He shoots 120 grain bullets and doesn't realize I'm shooting 100 grain Nosler Partitions). We've used it on several rifles, handguns and bows and it works great.
-- Bob

I just shot my arrows through and it worked fine. I shoot 2 inch blazer fletchings. It said my arrows were flying at 275 fps which is what I expected. My friend shot his arrows through and got some kind of an error message, but the readings were very consistent around 280 fps, which seems believable since his bow is set up for a much heavier draw weight than mine, but with heavier arrows. I think he is shooting a 4 inch vane. I read somewhere that you get the best readings with a bare shaft and a blunt tip. I shoot 75 grain broad heads and I couldn't find a 75 grain blunt. I was thinking about grinding the point off of a 100 grain field tip, but my arrows worked fine with the regular 75 field tip and small blazer vanes. I injured my shoulder a couple years ago, so I'm shooting a Bowtech Tribute at 53 pounds and 300 grain arrows. It's well tuned and so far every hit on a deer has been a complete pass-through. I am recovering, but it's slow at my age. Tomorrow I start working in the weight room.
-- Bob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom