Chukar hunting

G

Godsten

i posted a topic about this in general but i was wondering what some nevada guys thought. I hear tell the chukar populations are way down. Next weekend we will be heading up to do our annual chukar hunt and just wanted to know if anybody has been up and what the population was like. (we will be up by gerlach, last couple of years they have been all over the place and i am hoping if we get by some water sources the numbers wont be so depressed) I will let you know what we see when we get back.

congrats, that is a great looking dog, gsp's are the best in my humble opinion. My buddy has a gsp and i hunt with him, that dog is just incredible tons of drive. i love watching a bird dog work it is just awesome.

Just got back from the black rock area and we had some pretty good luck. A couple coveys we found flushed early but my friend and I managed to get 4 birds during the half-day hunt. It was a great time hunting with good friends and a brilliant dog. We only shot old birds though so what we have been hearing about the chicks not making it seems true so far. Good luck all, have fun

yeah i posted a same question in the general hunting area also. we have been out 7 days and have not seen a thing.! the whole state is low with chuckar. it sucks because they are fun to hunt and good to eat!!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom