Cj strike

nvthrt

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-11 AT 11:15PM (MST)[p]Heading up there next weekend for the first time. Just seeing if anybody has any advice. Looking to catch some crappie and perch or whatever i can.

the crappie have been spotty this year. there are always perch on the bottom of the lake almost anywhere. the bass are hitting good right now. lots of different fish there . something should be hitting

One of my buddies was down there last week and caught bass all day. The crappy wouldn't bite though.

Are you using a boat (with fishfinder) look for drop offs and anchor out or bass in Coves and structure and everything including trout in the narrows. Or if fishing from shore try above and below the dam and blacks sands is also pretty good for catfish bass and perch. Maps are pretty easy to find online and doesn't hurt to follow the crowds.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-11 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]Yeah i am taking a boat. Going to plan on taking the cuddy cabin up so we can just camp on the boat. What kind of fish do you go after when you are fishing the dropoffs? How big of a boat can you get in at the cottonwood lauch? Thanks for all the replies!

Drop off would be perch bluegill crappie and an occasional bass. Find drop offs that have a upper end height of 25feet or shallower. The key is to use a salad shrimp and an occasional worm to switch it up and also use perch cutbait. All boat ramps are decent and hold good sized boats and atleast airforce docks have life jackets to borrow if you forget yours. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom