CLARIFICATION -Photo of Mountain Lion in Photo Gallery Section - CLARIFICATION

Roy

Just wanted to let everyone know that that is not my cat - the picture was forwarded to me by my brother and I forwarded it to the website. I do not know the hunter nor the person who knows the guy who knows my brother who forwarded the picture to him. I thought the picture was cool and just forwarded it - in no way did I ever want to take credit for the picture or the cat. It is nice though! And I have verified that it is from Cache Valley.
Thanks - Garrett aka ROY

ROY

I haven't seen the photo you are referring to and not sure where to find it...

But if it's that same photo of a huge lion that some guy is holding up with his arms wrapped around it... and he's in a dark sweat shirt or something...

That lion was NOT KILLED in Logan canyon as everyone has started saying. If it's a different picture I apologize. But a photo turned up this winter and has been making the rounds since. It is a huge lion and a guy has his arms wrapped around it's chest holding it up.

Somehow someone started saying it was killed in Logan Canyon. This is false and it wasn't even killed in Utah. It was in Washington state.

Give me some more info on where you posted this photo and I'll tell you if it's the same lion.

Take care Roy and I don't think any of us would have figured you were taking credit. Nice of you to post a good photo!!

-Dawg

Houndawg,
The photo is in the Photo Gallery section on the main page. As far as the rumor being started that the cat was killed in Logan Canyon, I only know of one dogger on this site from Cache County that would have started such a rumor. Obviously Kevin D had a picture of this guy and his cat in his pocket and somehow convinced the local waitress (bar rat) that not only was it him in the pic, but he also killed the cat with his bare hands in Logan Canyon. Now he is a legend, well at least in her eyes.

Rut

Both of you may be right - obviously my information was very incorrect - the lion was actually killed near Seattle, WA (Bellvue) and right now appears on the Boone and Crockett website under the "Trophy Watch" section. Here is the link:
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch.asp?area=news
The picture of the cat is listed under "One Big Cat"

Sorry for the confusion and spreading a rumor. It is amazing how fast those things can get out of hand isn't it? Apparently however, there was a large cat killed in Logan Canyon this year, just not this one and certainly not with bare hands.

ROY

I've talked to Jim from Custom Osteo. He was along on the hunt with his buddy when they killed the lion in Washington. They did not use dogs but followed the lions tracks until they thought they were getting close. They called the lion back with a fawn call. Jim has taken quit a few lions this way since they lost their hound hunting several years ago.

Yep, I'm caught......how was I to know the barmaid would take the photo that I had showed her earlier and email it to all of her friends while I laid passed out on her couch. Well, at least you all know now how the rumor that this cat was killed in Logan Canyon got started. ;-)

I went to the photo Gallery and looked up the lion photo but I don't recognize any of the hound doggers in the photo. Are you sure that lion was taken in Logan Canyon?? I hate to be the one that pisses on the campfire here but compare the body size of that one with the famous lion photo with J.J. Hack. The one in the photo gallery claims 165 lbs while Hack initially said that his big cat weighed 180 lbs. Look at the two body sizes and see what you boys think. I wonder who tried to get in with the barmaid on that one?? :)

Oh yea, and about the other big lions killed in Logan Canyon?? Of course there was.....and Blacksmith Fork Canyon too!!! The truth is that nobody ever kills small or average sized toms. Nope, they're all big bastards!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom