Clayborns lion bill

B

bearman

Well it was a good day in Elko last night. At our county wildlife advisory board meeting last night it was standing room only. Every real hunter turned out to oppose the lion bill. They all told there story that the lion population is very low. I'm headed to Reno tomorrow for the state commission meeting and it should be a good turn out to tell the people that think lions are killing our deer they are wrong. All other game boards went against the bill also. The only people for it is hunters alert.

It went awesome in Reno! The hunters turned out in great numbers. We won, the commission voted to not support Clayborn's bill. Commissioner Scott Raine voted to go with the bill. He is on the commission as a sportsmen rep but he is any thing but a sportsmen rep. He votes almost every time for ranching and hunters alert. He will vote aginst the county wildlife boards and the public in the meeting every time. He needs removed from the commission as he is no friend of the sportsmen! I do have to point out that commissioner Lent keep trying to get the board to go with Clayborn's bill and commissioner McNinch said he could not sit there and take it any more. The public has spoke and Lent and Raine still keep trying to pass it. McNinch motioned to drop the bill RIGHT NOW. Raine still voted to keep it. We owe McNinch a big Thank you. Every person in Nevada should send him a thank you email. You can get his email off the NDOW web site.

Thanks for the update Bearman. Was unable to attend due to work but I submitted a letter to Suzanne to be read and included in the minutes. Glad to hear the Hunters Alert guys were shot down, though I'm sure they'll continue with their agenda especially since they seem to have Gibbons in their pocket. Thanks again.

Thanks for the letter. I'm going to send you a pm with my email. Please feel free to send any letters to me if you cant make a meeting. It's a little better than giving them to Suzanne because she is with the NDOW. Then nobody thinks it is a conflict of interest. Yes Claborn and hunters alert will still go on fighting, but we stopped them this round. We need to get Raine kicked off, and someone on, that is a true sportsmen. I have sent the commission a letter Raine put in January of Nevada Rancher. In it he told every rancher to put in for the heritage fund, as the water projects gives deer water also. He is off the deep end. And most of all he is no sportsmen rep. For everybody that doesn't know the heritage fund is 100% sportsmen money.

Yeah It was frusterating to see Lent trying to table this for another meeting in hopes of less public speaking against it. Mcninch is a great guy and did the right thing.We must remember this is only one round of the fight. They will be back!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom